Picture issues with my LG tv

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by mannisrai, Aug 30, 2013.

1. mannisrai

mannisrai
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Okay, so here's my story. I brought this LG model on Saturday, returned it on Tuesday, and the problem is still persisitng.

Having contacted LG, they have told me to factory reset, done software updates, turned the TV on and off consistently, turned off picture enhancements etc...i have tried it all but it's not working.

Now the actual problem is this: When I watch something I get these lines on the TV. It happens most on Blu-ray, but sometimes Sky. It seems when the camera moves on the footage I'm watching you get these lines, like the picture hasn't caught up properly. Also, you get these little pixels around the picture. Now these lines aren't all the time, and they are transparent. They only come and go during sudden action scenes (not intense action sequences) and during white scenes they are more visible. I've tried loads of Blu-rays, DVDs; so it's not the source.

This problem is with the LG 47LN578V.

If I haven't explained properly, please tell me or ask me questions; i apologise.

Does anyone know or can help me, please! :)

I would be forever grateful.

2. mannisrai

mannisrai
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    So no one commented on my post! But I'm just Closing this thread for support for anyone who has ever come across the problem.....

Okay, So i returned the television today; and it wasn't a fault, it was the actual model. These lines were actually blur and were caused by the 100hz processing rate. I thought this was a marketing scam and 100hz would be good enough for a 47 inch television! So to anyone who wasn't as quick as me to think what it could be and has a LED/LCD TV; if you are getting problems similar to me, then it's mostly because of the low processing rate!

PS: The LG 47LN578V is a great TV apart from the blur which is occasional! But if have eyes like mine, then you won't be able to watch anything properly

3. Orson

Orson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Thread moved to the "LCD/LED" section