Picture issue, help

Dam1405

Novice Member
looking for some advice. Pre lockdown I brought a LG49UM7400PLB.

The picture quality watching Netflix and amazon is amazing, no issues at all.

My issues are with sky q. When when watching live football, every couple of minutes, for a split or half a second the ball or player move in a slow motion then it jumps back to normal speed. I'm unsure what this is and it's frustrating.

Also notice jumping on re runs of football games, and sometimes notice slow movement of head movement on programmes like coronation Street and eastenders.

Match of the day on occasions has been unwatchable and can only liken it to a bad lag when playing Fifa on the xbox.

I've contacted LG who were most unhelpful.

Sky have been out and have changed the lnb and raised the height of dish as signal was failing on occasion, however this jumping/slow motion is still happening.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

LCDseeker

Distinguished Member
looking for some advice. Pre lockdown I brought a LG49UM7400PLB.

The picture quality watching Netflix and amazon is amazing, no issues at all.

My issues are with sky q. When when watching live football, every couple of minutes, for a split or half a second the ball or player move in a slow motion then it jumps back to normal speed. I'm unsure what this is and it's frustrating.

Also notice jumping on re runs of football games, and sometimes notice slow movement of head movement on programmes like coronation Street and eastenders.

Match of the day on occasions has been unwatchable and can only liken it to a bad lag when playing Fifa on the xbox.

I've contacted LG who were most unhelpful.

Sky have been out and have changed the lnb and raised the height of dish as signal was failing on occasion, however this jumping/slow motion is still happening.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Sounds like a motion issue with your set. This isn't uncommon with LG unfortunately, especially with sport. Do you have a "sports" picture mode you can select?

Dam1405

Novice Member
I do yes, happy to try anything to try and resolve the issue. As I said above, it's very odd as doesn't happen on films on sky q, doesn't happen on amazon or Netflix through the TV but is a big issue on football, and soaps on BBC and itv.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom