Picture interference when using SCART

Locoblade

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Ive got a Panasonic TX28 DK1 widescreen TV (about 3 years old), which I have one problem with. Whenever I connect something to the SCART socket and have the SCART device turned on (VCR etc), I get slight interference on the picture with both terrestrial and SCART (AV) channels. If I turn the VCR / Freeview box off, the picture on terrestrial is perfect. If I watch something on the VCR, I can sometimes even make out slight shadows which is the program showing on the Terrestrial channel the TV is on. If I set it to an untuned channel before switching to the SCART feed, I dont get these shadows but the picture is really grainy (as if the grey fuzz from the untuned channel is interfering too). The obvious assumption is that there is some cross feeding of signal between the terrestrial channel and the AV channel, but how to I prevent this?
This wasnt a huge issue up until now as I didnt use the VCR much so it was always switched to standby, but Ive now bought myself a Tosh XS32 HDD DVD Recorder which I intend on using a lot more that gives the same interference unless in standby (which aint a lot of use!).
I havent really had too much of a look into it yet but I thought I would tap the combined knowledge here first to point me in the right direction.

cheers

Chris

cut pin 19 from one end of the cable then pin 20 from other end
and problem goes away (but cable only works in 1 direction)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom