1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture in Picture

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rookies, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    OK the KV32FX66 says it got Picture In picture and only got one turner. So am I right to think that I can view 2 channel at once on this tv or is it somthing else?

As I know the KV32FQ80 I can few 2 channel the same time and that has 2 turner

This confuse me

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    rookies

this is the second time I have heard this question on this forum and of what I read the answer was:

there is one tuner only on the the fx66 and two on the fq80, so on the latter you can get pip and pap (or picture and picture- split screen with two different stations)

But the fx66 does have pip and the way it gets it is by using the video as a second tuner.

hope this helps.

evans

3. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah this is correct. I asked this here before I purchased. I actually find it a handy feature in ads. I'm a channel flicker - I hate adverts - especially on some Sat channels where they seem to be double the volume of the programming. So I use it for seeing when the program is back and also to keep the sports results in on a Saturday etc.

I don't think not having a second tuner is a major problem if you have either a Satellite box or a VCR. In fact if you have Satellite I can't think of an instance where you need a second tuner - all terrestrial channels are available on the Sat.

My only niggle is why the hell PiP boxes are never right in the corner. Actually, thinking on my feet, I guess because the picture may not be calibrated perfectly during manufacter and disappear off the screen... ...I think the tolerances could be narrower if thats the case.

4. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    I'm pretty sure the PIP box on my Philips 32PW9631 is in the corner. Useful to keep an eye on the tennis whilst I am watching the news on another channel.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

5. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    MadAxeMan

WHich tv you got then i believe it the Fx66? If so what do you think of it?

I be having Sky digital on mine and I watch sky all the time never really watch channel through RF. So I surpose if i was watching sky and wanted to use the picture and picture it wont show another channel off sky it will just show one of the RF channel is that correct?

6. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0