Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Picture Freezing on Twins During Playback (when recording)

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by helenr, Jun 3, 2003.

Tags:
  1. helenr

helenr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am experiencing a problem with my new Pace Twins unit and have been reading through all the threads! I don't have the latest software update as I was away while it was being transmitted :eek:/ I don't know if it's the same problem that others have been mentioning as it ONLY happens on playback when recording as well...

When the unit is recording (red light is displayed on the front of the unit) AND I am playing something back from the library the picture momentarily freezes during playback about every 15 seconds. Sometimes the freezes are very quick, sometimes a little longer. This obviously makes watching programmes whilst recording very difficult and frustrating.

- There is not a problem with the recording itself as if I play the same programme again when NOT recording there are no momentary freezes.

- I have never got momentary freezes when watching live off air.

- My signal strength is very good and I do not have any blocking effects.

Can anyone confirm if anyone has this same problem and if I should be waiting patiently for the software download or taking the unit back to the shop!

Thanks...H

2. nickoh

nickoh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your description of the problem sounds very similar to what I was experiencing
    (picture freezes every so often but sound is uninterrupted during playback,
    and replaying the recording doesn't freeze at the same place). When I emailed
    Pace about this initially they said they hoped that the first download (that
    you just missed) would fix it, and since the download it certainly seems a lot
    better.

Having said that I have noticed occasional freezes since the download. In
    this case they are repeatable for a given spot in a recording, which I think
    is a different problem and is maybe due to low signal?

In a mail I received from Pace since the download, they said they were still
    investigating reports of picture freezes and hoped that the next download
    would address these.

So in summary, I think that the first download has made a difference (and
    perhaps fixed the problem you mentioned) although "freezing" hasn't completely
    been fixed.

nick