Picture Freezing last night

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by lyngarth, Oct 20, 2005.

1. lyngarth

lyngarth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I had a problem last night with the picture freezing/stopping while I was watching sky sports extra (ch 404) the problem was so bad it was freezing every 10-15 seconds, ( only for about 2-3 seconds per time).

Now when this happened I tired a live rewind and that was fine, showing the same bit of programme without the problem ?? so it was only doing this live. I ran upstairs to try my other box (not sky+) and that one was fine.

So could it be my box on the way out ??

Just a bad signal for that programme??

The same thing happened the other day when I recorded a programme on Ch 4.

If it is the box on the way out would a new hard drive sort it out or do I need a new box altogether.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Cheers

Lyngarth

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi lyngarth,

We watched the Bill on terrestial last night as we had so much pixellating and freezing of the picture too. I also had two failed recordings. It was raining at the time and sometimes that can affect our reception because of a heavily wooded garden. I did put it down to the software update too as the same problems have been occurring in fine weather. Our upstairs ordinary Sky digibox was giving a perfect picture.

The last couple of months have been bad for the majority of us (see all the various threads on the subject). Don't despair that your box is on the way out, so many members have thought that. My Pace version 3 was only a few weeks old but you would have thought it faulty with so many problems. Freezing pictures, pixellating, failed recordings, no satellite signal, pause not working, yet it was perfect before the software update occurred. These problems occurred spasmodically, but sometimes days on end, even in fine weather. Sky is meant to be doing a new update end of this month/beginning of November to rectify all the problems.

I do hope it isn't your hard drive but don't change it yet until the new software is installed and tried out for a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed for you!

Cheers