• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Picture Freezing during live football on both BBC & Setanta Sports

SeanMc172

Banned
Hi all I recentley have encountered a problem with my sky during Live football matches on both Setanta Sports & BBC ( England vs Germany Friendly),

As soon as the match kicks off and goes to the main camera My screen stut, blacks out, freezes every 2 seconds constantly until camera switches to a close up.

I have checked all cables and they seem fine and my sky signal strength and quality are both good

This only happens during live football and makes it impossible to watch

Any ideas?

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Hi all I recentley have encountered a problem with my sky during Live football matches on both Setanta Sports & BBC ( England vs Germany Friendly),

As soon as the match kicks off and goes to the main camera My screen stut, blacks out, freezes every 2 seconds constantly until camera switches to a close up.

I have checked all cables and they seem fine and my sky signal strength and quality are both good

This only happens during live football and makes it impossible to watch

Any ideas?

Is your Sky+ box by any chance a Thomson?

SeanMc172

Banned
yes it is a thomsons box and out of insurance so they want £60+ to come and fix it

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
There is a known incompatibity problem between some Samsung TVs and Thomson Sky+ boxes. Try ringing Samsung customer service to confirm whether or not this affects your particular model of TV.

The only soluion is to swap one or the other for a different make.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom