Picture freezes on PS3 with some Blu Ray discs

S

simonharris

I have a PS3 and have found the only annoying thing is some quite frequent 'freezes' during playback where one frame appears stuck on screen and the audio also stops. The funny thing is that the timeline continues moving forward as does the on screen counter. When this happens no buttons work and the only fix is to reboot the PS3. It has happened on a few discs including Superman Returns, Enemy of the State and Fantastic Four, but never on Ultraviolet which leads me to suspect that it is the tolerance that the PS3 has for some discs, Has anyone else experienced this? It is the only annoying thing so far about the PS3 which apart from this is fabulous.

I should note that there were similar 'bugs' with the toshiba HD-DVD players (only on certain parts of some discs, jumping frames, freezes ect' which then went away after a firmware update, something I am hoping with happen with the PS3.

Have you updated to 1.31? My PS3 seems to have no difficulties with F4, the others I don't know about since I don't own EOTS and have Superman on HD DVD.

Is it always the same moment when it happens? Is it due to layer change maybe?

I upgraded just after the freezes happened and will check it out again - thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom