Picture Format

BarryMcKelvey

Hi

I've just had Sky HD installed and got a Samsung box. It's connected to a CRT at the moment, still waiting on my new Panny. The picture format is fine on every channel, it completely fills the screen except when I watch any of the movie channels. When I watch the movie channels they r in wide screen and dont completely fill the screen, they used to when my old Sky digital box was connected. How can I correct this minor problem?

Baz

fozzieAV

That's not a 'problem'; that's how it's supposed to look!

If you want to watch a picture that either has a load of the image missing from the sides, or have the aspect ratio distorted, then you'll need to set the box to output 4:3 (instead of 16:9) and probably adjust the TV too (something like 'zoom' or 'pan & scan' or other option).

BarryMcKelvey

That's not a 'problem'; that's how it's supposed to look!

If you want to watch a picture that either has a load of the image missing from the sides, or have the aspect ratio distorted, then you'll need to set the box to output 4:3 (instead of 16:9) and probably adjust the TV too (something like 'zoom' or 'pan & scan' or other option).

Hi

Thx for that, will go a fetch my dunce cap and stand in the corner of my room lol

Baz

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom