1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture flickers at the top of screen

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by astro, Mar 15, 2004.

1. astro

astro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

Don't know what this is. Just Got Sky+, and have it connected through a good Scart cable to my Sony 32" 50Hz Widescreen TV. Was watching Sky sport Football, and noticed that the picture, especially lines (like the scores on the right hand side,) were flickering quite badly. It seems to affect the top of the picture, about a quarter to a third the way down. Is this sky; my settings; or is my TV goosed!? Have recently moved house, so concerned something has happened to my TV in the move.

Cheers

Astro

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I assume this "effect" is not seen when viewing analogue television or viewing another external source?
    Does the TV setup menus cover the whole screen, if so a plan background with simple text would also show up any defects in the picture caused by the tube or it's electronics.
    If it's not an internal matter then it could be the SKY+ but I would suspect this sort of effect would appear on every channel including the EPG etc.