Picture fault? How do I post pics here for help?

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance but I have some pics demonstrating what I feel is an intermittent problem with my Pio plasma. I'd like to post them here so that (hopefully) someone can confirm whether or not the screen/box is faulty.

Unfortunatly, I have no idea how to do so. Can someone offer me some guidance please (I know that this isn't a computing forum but I know a lot of you have posted pics and so I thought someone could assist) :thumbsup:

reckless said:
Please excuse my ignorance but I have some pics demonstrating what I feel is an intermittent problem with my Pio plasma. I'd like to post them here so that (hopefully) someone can confirm whether or not the screen/box is faulty.

Unfortunatly, I have no idea how to do so. Can someone offer me some guidance please (I know that this isn't a computing forum but I know a lot of you have posted pics and so I thought someone could assist) :thumbsup:

Use the "Manage Attachments" -option when posting a message. Just make sure the picture is in the right format (jpg for example) and size. Upload the picture as an attachment to the message.

Another method is using the url if you have the picture on a website.

Thanks. I didn't realise it was so simple - I thought I had to upload it to a website first and I didn't know how to.

I'll just go and transfer the shots to my main pc and post in a little while.

Pic number 1 attached for any comments. Hopefully I don't need to expain what the prob is :)

Attachments

• problem 1.jpg
    problem 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 188
:)

Sorry, what's the problem? Hard to tell from the pic.

K.

30 seconds earlier that blue area with the darker bits was a solid light blue. What happens is that certain areas of the screen seem to stop displaying all the shades and instead look as though they're displaying in a 16 colour windows mode. I'll attach another to see if it shows the problem any better.

I know that plasmas can have issues in smooth gradations, particularly when dealing with low bitrate channels but it's not that. Bright red will suddenly shift to a really dark shade because it looks like every other pixel is displaying blue, not red. Classic area where it normally happens is on GMTV where the sofa is red - in the mid lower part of the screen it's purple due to the blue patterning whereas the bottom of the screen it's red. It does it on analogue as well. I've recorded the prog on sky when it's happened and played it back later when the screen isn't playing up and it's perfect so I know that it's not the signal or that the tv is having difficulty in displaying the correct amount of shades.

It's a really difficult thing to capture on digital camera, particulary when I've had to lower the res of the image in order to upload it to here.

I'm just hoping that someone else will have seen this type of issue as I've spoken to the Pio repair centre and they've never heard/seen the issue and, as it's intermittent, I don't want to pay to have it sent away only for them to have it for a week and say that it hasn't done it.

In this next attachment, if you look at the patterning in the red and the blue - that red was a solid shade not two mins before. Hopefully it's a bit better rep for anyone's consideration.

edit - apologies the file was too big to upload - I'll save it a little smaller and attach in a few mins.

Sorry about that - I was having real problems as the upload was jamming for some reason. Hope this image shows the problem a little more clearly.

Attachments

• problem 3.jpg
    problem 3.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 156
Hi

If you want to post a large picture upload it here

http://picsplace.to/upload.php

When its uploaded you will get a load of URL's copy the bottom one " direct link "

Then when you post on here click this symbol
Pic.png
and add that URL in the box

Just a bit hard to see the problem with only a partial picture

wHoMe

For some reason nothing is happening when I click on the symbol you suggested - I've tried it on my pc and my apple laptop with no joy. Apologies if I've done something dim.

Here is the direct link to one of the pics if that will help. Just to confirm, that red area is supposed to be pure red, not as dark as it is and the blue is supposed to be a constant shade whereas you can hopefully see that the left hand side shows clear dark patterning. I'm sorry the photo's not that great:

http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/20/DSC00072_002.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to assist - it's much appreciated.

:eek: Extreme closeup ,what does it look like when you sit back a bit.

Sorry to resurrect this but I didn't get enough time to upload another image this week.

Hopefully this will make it a little clearer. I'd ask you to look at the collar and the shoulder where the red clearly shows blue patterning. When it happens, it only affects part of the screen - the colours are normal elsewhere. It seems to show up particularly on reds although it does show on other colours - it just seems easier to see.

I watched the prog last night and it was perfect then. My wife went to watch it this morning and the results were as you can see. I've watched it since and it's back to normal.

I would really, really appreciate some wisdom on this as it's driving me beserk. I never know when it's going to happen or how long it's going to last. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it.

http://img8.picsplace.to/img8/20/Copy_of_DSC00082.JPG

www.photobucket.com

Great place to host pictures...gives you teh choice of URL or even VB code for forums like this.

have a look a the pics of my tosh in my sig, is it like that? because thats what mine did before it went kaput

hutch. said:
Is it a Sky+ problem?

nope, happens on analogue as well.

JagoPlasma said:
have a look a the pics of my tosh in my sig, is it like that? because thats what mine did before it went kaput

looks similar. The main difference appears to be that yours was firing green every few pixels - with mine they appear to be more grouped. It isn't getting any worse - it only affects certain parts of the screen - but it's still happening.

My initial thoughts were that it might be a loose lead but I've checked all the connections and they appear fine. I'm glad though that some of you can see this fault from the pics as I may well need to use them to show the problem to the engineers.

I have a feeling that this may be expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom