1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Edges

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Mole69, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Mole69

Mole69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a JVC AV-28x4 TV, it's only 3 months old. I am experiencing a strange and irritating symptom.

Down each side of the screen, there is a slight pattern, a bit like faint vertical pin stripes down the screen. The best way I can describe it is it's as if the density of the pixels or the resolution of the picture graduates away as it nears the edges of the screen. It is present on any source I select and regardless of the TV's Zoom setting. I thought it may have been the Panoramic setting, which as I understand it, maintains proper aspect ratio in the centre of the screen, and stretches it the further towards the edges you get. But whichever picture format setting I use, the problem is still there. Any suggestions?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,070
    I think you are describing a design feature of the tube. I have seen this (if I understand you correctly) on large, flat-screen CRT TVs with Panasonic tubes.

3. Zaichik

Zaichik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    All three of the Panny TVs I've had have had this. When I saw it the first time, I put it down as a fault and pushed the retailer for an exchange but I wish I hadn't now. All the subsequent replacement sets have been the same but have had some other fault to boot.

Most of the 28" TVs in my local store seemed to exhibit the problem to some extent, but the 32" sets didn't (or not that I could see). I've just accepted it now - I just hope that the 4th set that I'm getting this weekend has no other problems.