Quantcast

Picture drops out! Viewsonic PX747-4K

GordRocks

Novice Member
I just got a Viewsonic PX747-4K and the picture keeps dropping out. Sometimes it will be fine for almost an hour and at other times it will drop out every 5 or 6 minutes. The screen goes blank for about 10 seconds and then comes back. I can hear the audio playing while the screen is blank. If I rewind the source material to the beginning of where it went blank the picture plays fine. This happens when viewing 1080p so I can't see why the cable would be a problem. Any ideas what might be causing this? I only have a short window to return it so would like to know if there is a setting I need to change or if I should just return it.
Thanks for any help and advice you can offer!

Last edited:

aderby

Standard Member
My first port of call on this would be the HDMI cable. I had these symptoms with non-4k certified ones.

GordRocks

Novice Member
My first port of call on this would be the HDMI cable. I had these symptoms with non-4k certified ones.
My apologies! I should have mentioned that this happens when viewing 1080p so I can't see why the cable would be causing this. I will edit the original post to include this. My previous projector never had any problems like this.
Thank you for the reply. I do appreciate your trying to help!!

Top Bottom