1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture drop-out on Pioneer 525 -> 433MXE

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nealgs, Nov 15, 2004.

1. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

hope someone can assist or shed some light on this little problem.

When watching films via our Pioneer 525 dvd player the picture drops out but sound continues playing.

It doesn't happen on all DVDs, but the StarWars trilogy is a big culprit - only seems to be on area with lots of action (eg firing laser pistols, starcruiser fights etc)

It appears from a few tests that it's when bandwidth/xfer rate gets very high. could it be that DVD player not being able to cope with the newer DVD's transfer rates or something more sinister??

What would people recommend as an upgrade for the 525??

Connection layout is:

525->Sky Box -> JSTech RGB2YUV -> Amp -> component on Plasma
    Xbox component -> AMP -> component on plasma

Any suggestions as to best connection setup if replacement DVD player is Component capable

cheers all
    Gary

2. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, very quiet here :rolleyes: nobody have any ideas or thoughts then, not normally like you folks to be so shy :D

Gary

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    MODS - not sure if this is in correct area, not had any responses yet - maybe better in plasma section??

If you think that maybe the case, could you move it for me please

cheers
    Gary

4. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Could be stating the obvious but.... does it drop out in exactly the same place each time? if not maybe something not so bad like a bad connection/lead.

5. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    I've got a Pioneer 525 and don't have any problems with recent discs, although I'm only using a normal TV. I do have some wierd things happening on menu's occasionally with the cursor appearing in the wrong place, but never had any playback issues.

Have you tried removing some of the equipment from the chain and connecting it direct to see if it's another component at fault?

As for upgrades what budget do you have? People seem to be recommending the Pio 868, Arcam DV79? and Denon 3910 at the moment, which are the ones I'll be checking out soon (xmas pressie for self :D ).

6. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the replies folks

mattTheBeanster - from what i can remember, the dropout appears at the same point each time for the films that do it. not everything does it, just seemingly the newer ones.

Miniholic - not tried removing stuff from the chain, so will give that a try. Budget will not be in the 868, 3910 league that's for sure, more like £150 max i'd think

cheers
    Gary