1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture deteriorating on my Pioneer DV-717

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by William, Dec 4, 2000.

1. William

William
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    At the weekend I noticed the picture from my Pioneer DV-717 appears to have deteriorated. On disks which I had previously considered very good, I could see odd effects on peoples faces and on the sky. There is a countoured appearance rather than smooth changes in colour - it looks like an MPEG problem. The problem is not always present.

Maybe the problem has always been there and I have only just noticed it. The only other thing I could think of is that the laser needs cleaning.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

William

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,987
    If memory serves me, this player has a noise reduction feature. If it's on, turn it off and try again. If this doesn't solve it, sorry. BTW, you haven't just got a new TV, have you? If yes, maybe its a TV issue. Some digital TV chassis' can cause this. Try your DVD player against another TV and see if it's still there.

3. William

William
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nigel

Thanks for the tips. I did find that AI was set to on on my Panasonic PF10 and switching it off helped. However I can still see the countouring on some DVDs so think that it is one of those things that you don't initially see but once you do, you notice it all the time.

Thanks

William