Picture Corruption / Artefacts on Motorstorm... Anyone noticing this?

Master Yoda

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this problem...

When you load the game up, if you look near the area at the top of the screen where it says "Motorstorm" do any of you notice flickering/distortion/artefacts? I always get this... I only get it on this main title screen around the same level as the Motorstorm title. I have never had anything similar happen with other HD content and never get any picture problems when actually racing or viewing the HD video extras in the game...

Although it doesn't bother me too much, I was just wondering if this is a fault with my TV or if this is a fault with the PS3 (ie. do any of you notice it too?)... My TV is a 40" Samsung 768p LCD TV...

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
nope no problems that i have seen.

A

Apothis

Cant say I've seen this problem, although motorstorm does suffer from some graphical glitches. Had very occasional texture jumping, and there is a little bit of tearing on wide panning shots, such as at the beginning of races...

Ekko Star

Distinguished Member
Yes I have this. Top third of the screen the picture starts to flicker and you have lines running through it on Motorstorm. I actually get this all through the game as well.

Have also had the machine crash whilst playing online a few times.

I've arranged to send my machine back, not prepared to live with either of those faults at all :thumbsdow

Considering the way the PS3 price is dropping like a stone at the moment I insisted for a refund rather than an exchange. If the machine is faulty anyway then I might as well save money and get it from elsewhere. I bought it online and they have agreed for a full refund.

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
thinking about buying this game, may have to have a rethink.

A

Apothis

thinking about buying this game, may have to have a rethink.

Although there are minor graphical glitches on this game, thats all they are, minor. They really dont detract from the fun of the game, and rarely show up at all.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung HW-Q950A Soundbar Review coming soon to AVForums.com
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom