1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture Comparison Software wanted - Help Please!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoochJD, May 21, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

I'm hoping that someone on here can help me out please. Basically, I'm looking to find out if you can get some freeware or shareware software (suitable for Windows XP), that will allow you to compare two images side-by-side, to see if they are the same, and/or if there is any difference in image size or quality.

I often download pictures from the Net, but it's not easy to always know if I have a ceertain image or not, and with over 1200, I don't want to keep having to go through each one, to see whether or not I already have it.

Does anyone have any ideas, please?

Pooch

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    You could use something like Clone Master to eliminate duplicates.

I don't know of any software that does what you're asking (believe me - if there were one that was decent, in my job it'd be a godsend) because of compression, size, algorithms etc.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Sadmuppet,

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go. :) Just out of curiosity, what "line of work" are you in?

Pooch

P.S. I've just found this advert that might help both of us out! :thumbsup: Click here! :smashin: