1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture breakup

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bob1, Apr 11, 2005.

1. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I have two dvd players and both struggle to play a disc with the slightest mark on them.We were watching a film the other day and the picture just got stuck ,when i took the disc out there was a faint finger print on the disc ,i wiped this off and the disc played ok,i swapped my pioneer player for my panasonic for playing films because that was so bad.I never had this with my older players ,are things just getting worse with modern players.Can anyone suggest a player that just gets on a plays the disc.

2. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Must be just me then that thinks that players these days arn't as good as they used to be,i used to have a toshiba that cost me £300 quite a few years back ,sold that because i wanted multi region and got a pioneer 444 , a great player,sold that and got a pioneer 565 ok but not a patch on the 444 for being able to play a disc.

3. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Bob

Have to say that I find the opposite !! My older DVD players ( Both Sony) were awfuly when it came to anything but perfect media, let alone even top quality DVR r . I create a lot of DVDs and had to go out and buy a cyberhome player as both the sony's were such a nighmare. even down to playing a disk one day and not the next!!

Go Figure

Cheers

Chris

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Must be just down to the players some discs that the pioneer won't play the panasoinc plays, but to loose it just because of a small light finger print is just silly,i'm not saying the players i have are bad there not, it just makes me mad when i have to remove the disc and start again half the way through a film just because i forgot to wipe it.

5. Chrper

Chrper
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well I have to admit that I never had that one!! they either played from start to finish or not at all!

in the case of both the sony players more often than not they would only play a pucker shop bought DVD and literally nothing else!! not even rented ones

The eldest daughter now has the Cyberhome at her house and I have a Pioneer 575 which will play just about anything I can find to throw at it!!

Not bad given the cyberhome cost peanuts about 4 years ago and is still going strong.

Funny old game!!

Chris