Picture breakup with Panasonic AE500

D

david park

I otained a 10 mtr. component lead, and find that I get the occastional
picture breakup when useing it.
Asda Pacicific DVD to Panasonic AE500 projector.

If useing component short lead no problem.

Do different DVD players give different strengths of signal?
Thinking being would a new DVD player overcome this problem? (I'm allready
thinking of progressive scan.)

cheap dvd players are cheap for a reason, get yourself a nice new dvd player

didn't realise the pacific dvd player had component output. thought it was just a scart socket...

You can get some great DVD players that have RGB outputs for around the £100 mark. I bought a really good panasonic DVD in the sale all singing all dancing with a really good progressive scan for £95. Bargain at half the price!

Beecee
It is a Pacific 750, was £90 two years ago and has all the normal connections, more than some DVD players at higher prices.

Spasm
What about the 10 or15 mtrs I require.
Also in the future I will buy a progreesive scan machine and PS is only output on component and DVI.

Are you useing 10 or 15 mtr. leads?

The problem with using 10 - 15 metre leads is the greying or ghosting of the signal. This can be helped by using coxial and sheilded cabling. It would also help if you used gold plated stuff. Lektropacks so some pretty good cabling. However with component anything over 5 metres I would recomend using using a booster.

Originally posted by Spasm
... However with component anything over 5 metres I would recomend using using a booster. [/B]

Can you tell me more about these boosters please?
Would Maplins have them? (or other sources)
What sort of prices are they?

Thanks.

I usually source most of this stuff from Keene electronics.

www.keene.co.uk

I don't really dabble too much with these boosters as I use distribution racks for most of these issues. I think the sync boosters would be about 80 quid.

Just do a search for sync blasters!

Sounds like a broken cable get it replaced ;)

You don't say what cable you have but if you're on a budget there's a cheapish 10m Profigold one from CPC and a lot of people swear by custom made Van Damme which still come in at a price that is reasonable (<£80 iirc).

A decent component cable should easily be good enough for 20m+ easily.

-- Jon

Well Its just my opinion but I think 10m run of component cable is too much unless you are using top quality gear.

Can you not move your dvd player closer to the projector !

No the leads are not broken, I've carefully made measurements with a multi meter and found no open circuits. And that resistances of all 3 connections/wire are the same.

Now here is something to think about.
I bought a 15 mtr. s-video lead at Maplin today and that works perfectly.
So I changed output of DVD to component and projector to component input and it was perfect!
Removed the s-video cable and it started the occastional picture breakup again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom