1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture bow in Tosh TV 36ZT29

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by John-D, Sep 15, 2004.

1. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Is there any chance i can fix a bow in my picture? It runs from top left to right, so its horizontal. There's also one at the bottom, but its not so bad. Its really bugging. Had the set about a year an half now. Shame really, coz the picture is spot on.

Cheers!

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the bow has developed over time then it's difficult to remove without knowing what you are doing.

Are you sure it's bow and not rotation? Reason I ask is because that if it is rotation then the next question is have you re-sited the TV recently? If you have then the rotation is because of geomagnetic effect, and what you may have done is move the TV from facing one direction, say East, to another, South for example. All CRT's are affected by this but it's only the largest sizes where you actually see it. There are only three ways to adjust this:

1. By adjusting the geomagnetic setting, if the set has one.
    2. Move the set to face a different direction (not always possible!)
    3. By rotating the DY or scan coil on the back of the CRT to straighten the picture.

The third option is NOT an easy job and I would not recommend it unless you are totally clued up on how it is done. DY coils are usually glued and screwed down at the CRT factory so they can't be moved without deliberate action by a third party. Personally I'd say this option was a no go area.

3. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No mate, its a bow.

The geometry is spot on everywhere else. Just this annoying bow, like a smile. :confused: