1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture bleed Panasonic TX-28DTX1

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sabre1_98, Feb 23, 2005.

1. sabre1_98

sabre1_98

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have just got my Panasonic TX-28DTX1 integrated digital TV, £309 from digital direct with a free DVD player chucked in. The picture is awesome from the freeview built into the set, but and this is really annoying me. When I plug my DVD player into either Scart 1 or 2 (1 is RGB and 2 supports Svideo scart), using a scart lead, i can still see the freeview picture ghosting across the screen. Even when I switch the internal tuner of the TV to analogue signal, I can see the analogue signal ghosting across the screen. So I tried switching the tv to an untuned in channel (just fuzz) and switched to AV for the DVD player, still getting some picture degredation. If I use the front panel s-video socket the picture is free from ghosting totally. I have seen som advice about removing pin 19 from an external digibox's scart , but this is built in freeview. Any ideas on where to start would be greatful. In the TV setup you can choose what signal is outputted down the scart (analogue or DVB).
    cheers
    SB

2. sabre1_98

sabre1_98

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry I'm an idiot!, wrong scart in wrong av. Make sure you
    a: have a rgb scart
    b: rgb is selected on the tv setup
    c: rgb output is selected on your dvd