Picture Banding On Lg Rz42px11

J

jiver

hi all, ive got horizontal banding on some channels,it shows on the darker part of picture. im running NTL pace digi box with a £70 monster scart to scart 1 on the plasma.its doing my head, can anyone please help.....t.v is 1 month old. also...sometimes people look kinda plasticy at times, especially on coranation street( not that i watch it often)....many thanks in advance for any help!!!

switch the av over to pc and adjust the following settings
contrast 83
brightness 53
colour 30
sharpness 45

red -6
green -25
blue -15

this makes it a much better picture fo ntl
hope it helps
atko

atko said:
switch the av over to pc and adjust the following settings
contrast 83
brightness 53
colour 30
sharpness 45

red -6
green -25
blue -15

this makes it a much better picture fo ntl
hope it helps
atko
hi atko.....thanks 4 your advice m8, im sorry but i dont fully understand how to change av to pc ....if youve got the time could you give me a more detailed instruction on how to do this please?! I have adjusted the other colour etc settings you gave by changing to user and putting in your settings, i do notice a better result already but would like to know if ive done it right. Im still on av 1 on the tv (euroscart). Cheers.

you need to adjust that setting in the service menu, pres menu on your remote and at same time menu on the tv itself. Hold for a few seconds till the service menu appears, then using the yellow swap button to move pages scroll thru till you see a setting for av, highlight it using the cursors, and press the yellow key it should change to pc, then press menu to exit and its done :thumbsup:

dont be scared by the service menu, as long as you just adjust that you'll be ok

jiver said:
hi atko.....thanks 4 your advice m8, im sorry but i dont fully understand how to change av to pc ....if youve got the time could you give me a more detailed instruction on how to do this please?! I have adjusted the other colour etc settings you gave by changing to user and putting in your settings, i do notice a better result already but would like to know if ive done it right. Im still on av 1 on the tv (euroscart). Cheers.

You have to enter the hidden service menu to do this:
Push and hold down the menu key on your remote, when the normal menu disappears from the screen (still keep pressin' the menu key on remote) press and hold down simultaneously the menu buttom on your panel. 5 sec. later a new menu will appear. This is the service menu. To navigate on this menu you have to change pages by pressing the yellow swap key on your remote (does not work with my system) or change the the pages by pressing on the menu key on your remote (this procedure does work on my system).
To change from AV to PC you have to go to the screen panel control and chnge it there. Try on the same page to change the brightness to 100% , the gamma to 3 and put the Pnl>lock to Free60. This gives me very good results in combination with this normal menu settings:
Contrast--83
Color-----59
Sharpness--75
XD-on
YNR--off
Cinema--off
CSM---User
Red---(-6)
Green-(-30)
Blue--(-15)
Hope to have you helped out...

jucapo

How comes on the panel lock free 60 gives me motion jerkness leaving it on the original setting seems best to me.

Thanks guys....have done it and so far so good. CHEERS! Where do you guys get this info from......?

we are just very sad people with no lives,
As my wife calls me (freak) ;)

The pnl>lock can be used to set the screen to 50hz or 60hz. I can see the screen flicker on 50 and looks much better on 60 but... you can see the jerk every second as it getting a 50hz sky feed. If you leave it on auto when you stick a 60hz NTSC dvd in it switches to lovely 60hz.

M

Hi guys....followed advice and all was ok untill today, im still getting horz. bands going from bottom to top, there a faint white line and spaced about 5/6 inches apart moving up the screen quite fast, ITS DOIN MY NUT. Should i call there faults guys up and if i do what can i expect?? or is there any other wise souls out there with any more tips please? ( Ive heard that my ntl pace box works at 60htz. could this be a factor?) many thanks in advance.

Make sure you are using desent scart cables cause otherwise that creates interference also check if it does it on other inputs so you can eliminate them from your problem.
check that your cable from your ntl is secure cause at the end of the day cable tv is poor and the boxes are not that stable.
try to put another source into the imput where the cable tv is that way you will be able to say if it is the cable box or the tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom