Picture and sound problem last night on Samsung LE26R41BD.

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by markelliott, Mar 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. markelliott

markelliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I've had a Samsung LE26R41BD LCD IDTV for almost two weeks now, all has been fine apart from the annoying green flash on the Freeview picture every now and again.

However, last night something strange happend to the picture and sound. I was watching Channel 4 on the in-built Freeview, and the picture all of a sudden began to get very poor. It became very faintly pixelated/blocky, and the outlines of objects started to ripple badly. A few moments later, the sound started hissing and fizzling out. The noise was like something you'd expect to hear on analogue TV whilst tuning in the set. I thought the TV was going to blow. The problem went away after a couple of minutes.

Anybody else had this problem?

2. chrisowe

chrisowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Maybe a weak signal or interference ?

3. markelliott

markelliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    That's what I thought myself at first. The signal strength for Channel 4 (mux 2) is around 70-80% though. Surely if it was a weak signal or interference, wouldn't the picture have started breaking up? And why did the sound start hissing like you'd expect to hear on analogue TV?

The picture wasn't breaking up, it was just faint pixelation in the background, movement was blurry and the outlines of objects started rippling badly with camera movement. Resulting in an awful looking picture. It was like it for several minutes.

It was about 4:30am in the morning when it happened. I have the TV plugged into a heavy duty Belkin Gold Surge Protector.

4. Teppic

Teppic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Since you've not had the tv long maybe it's worth reporting what happened to the retailer so that they have it already noted down that something strange happened so early into it being used? May help if anything else happens in the future...

5. markelliott

markelliott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Found out what the problem is, looks like I'm not the only one - http://www.ilovesamsung.co.uk/le32r51bd-what-has-happened-to-mine#comment

6. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    The 'Green flash' is something that seems to affect very many of the sets. No cure or explanation has been forthcoming. There are a couple of threads on it on here...
    It only happens infrequently on mine and not enough to be annoying. Just to assure you this is not just your set. However the other problem does sound dodgy. If it happens again get the set changed and see if it performs better.
    I have No other problems with my 32" set.:)