1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picture and audio issues (Panasonic PS5)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Skwarkenklux, Dec 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Skwarkenklux

Skwarkenklux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again,

First problem - The picture on my TX28PS5 seems to suffer from a brightness on the right edge of the screen (worst when using DVD), like a white line. Also the picture in the bottom right of the screen shifts/curls up by about 5mm and I've noticed a blue line at the bottom right too. Thought this was magnetic interference, but it's a solid line (only about 3cm long) and magnetic distortion usually blooms rather have a defined edge to it. Also moved everything away (DVD, STB) made no difference at all.

Second problem - the STB and DVD are both connected to AV1, with an optical from the DVD to the TV for DD5.1. Now selecting digital input shuts off the sound from the STB (probably because its looking for the optical input, which is connected to the DVD so of course no sound. Is there a way around this other than adjusting the sound setting everytime I watch a DVD?

Third - For some reason I'm not getting surround when using the STB/Sky. I did when I first installed it, but it only works on analogue or DVD now. Odd and very annoying cos I have no idea how i killed it. Eveything on the TV says it's on and working. :mad:

2. Skwarkenklux

Skwarkenklux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem #3 sorted - seemed to be a scart lead issue.

Anyone any ideas on the other problems?