1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture all red.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by othello, Jul 9, 2002.

1. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello. i have just bought a kenwood 4060 amp from richer sounds.i have a coaxial lead from the dvd player which is a panasonic rv60.but the picture is all red.got dts sound but it`s the picture.i had my dvd player set to rgb.when i set it just to video.composite picture apparently is produced.and that is o.k.so why wont rgb work?thought that was the best picture quality.cheers if anyone can help.and i must say richer are so helpfull.i got the 4060 amp in silver the panasonic speaker set and sub for 250. my graphics card alone cost more.just a pain trying to get all the cables connected right.:)

2. MikeK

MikeK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only a few amps at the higher end of the market can switch RGB video - the model you have will only switch composite video.
    In any case, composite video is all you can get with a single coaxial phono lead.
    To get RGB from the DVD player, just cable the DVD player's SCART direct to the TVs RGB SCART.
    Alhough it's a can of worms, I'll stick my neck out and say that for the most part, RGB is the best form of connection, although a few players and TVs have component video, which is just as good (some would argue better), and it seems some TVs/DVDs perform better with S-video, but that's a "feature" of the TV/DVD rather than S-video being a better system. Composite is the least good - didn't want to say worst, as that implies it's somehow unwatchable, which isn't the case. Most DVD players will give very good performance using composite video, it's just that it's even better with S-video or RGB.

3. othello

othello
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    umm found out why the picture was red.the scart lead wasn`t in all the way.DOH!!! how dum do i feel.anyway put saving private ryan on in dts.man i kept ducking.the bullets where everywhere on omaha.as for the artillary,the floor was shaking from the sub.i think everyone should have a home cinema setup in there homes.anyway sorry for the original post,next time i shall check all the connections first. :rolleyes: