picture advise re panny please

silverx

Standard Member
I have a PW6 with arcam diva dvd connected via component (not progressive - yet!)

I've noticed that region 1 discs have a dark band/clouding at the top of the screen (about 1-2cm), particularily noticeable when the picture is dark. Detail is normal but the picture in that area just seems several shades darker.

Is this a known problem, and if so is there a fix??

Whilst its not a huge problem i would like to get rid of it. it's not a disc problem the same discs look fine on my computer dvd.

I'd be grateful for any advice, TIA!
:confused:

john R1

Banned
have used my dv88 on a pw5 & two pw6s have not noticed this problem, with reg 1 discs, as two why i have tried so many panny plasmas wife keeps getting them replaced because of dents in the bezels, getting another one friday from a different shop, keeping my fingers crossed,

DTech

I'm running an 88 plus to a PWD6 via component and havn't seen this - you do get a green shimmer across dark scenes on some settings - you need to have a good play around until you find the right adjustments - then it virtually disapears - others in this forum recommend the cinema setting but I would avoid this as I think it looks dreadful

silverx

Standard Member
tried to alter picture settlings but seems to be in all of them - I agree cinema looks awful - dull lifeless picture. I use normal slightly tweaked with the THX setup off the starwars disc.

DTech

Have just bought PAL Video Essentials Disc - going to give it a go and see what I come up with - will keep you posted

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom