1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pic's To play on a Dvd.

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by MURFER, Mar 14, 2003.

1. MURFER

MURFER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I now have 100's of pics from my Sony DSC-S85 & Instead of hooking It up to the TV to see the pics I want to burn them onto a cd & save It as a VCD & play them on my DVD player

Do you know any good products that can do this???

Thanks

Murfer

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nero CD burnin software does this for you
    If you set it up to create a VCD and copy your Photos onto the CD it will do the rest.

It will create menu screens if you want and it allows you to choose between permanently displaying photo or doing a slideshow.

There are other packages, but this is so simple and the menu interface is quite quick that I dont use anything else.

3. slenderdeer

slenderdeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A couple of program will do thsi for you, and you can add and or amend pictures to burn to cd/dvd.

Ulead Picture show 1 or 2.
    Magic Pictures to CD and DVD

Ulead is easier to use, however Magic pictures seems to have more features but isn't bang up to date when it comes to supporting dvd burners. It doesnt support by dvd burner sony dru500a, however works fine with my liteon cdwriter.

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There is also :

Magix 'Photos on CD and DVD'
    and
    Arcsoft 'Showbiz'

which allow you to add background music and commentary with titles and all sorts of fades and dissolves between photo's

5. slenderdeer

slenderdeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah sorry thats the one I meant. I wasn't on my main computer to remember the exact name.

6. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I copied my jpg files from my hard drive, taken with a digital camera, onto CD using Nero to keep them safe. I just tried the disc in my Scheider DVD player and it plays jpgs as a slideshow or I can choose a single picture. The DVD player is only cheap (£89.97) from ASDA and it plays VCD, DVD, MP3, JPG. I usually buy the best equip I can (Sony, Technics, Yamaha, eltax etc but after seeing it mentioned in Home Theatre mag, I decided to give it a try. It doesn't mention anything about jpg's in the manual and as I never expected it to play them, it was a pleasant surprise. Why don't you try and put a CD of pictures in your machine see if it recognises the format, you may be surprised too.

7. slenderdeer

slenderdeer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't know any dvd players could play jpgs. I am after another dvd player to replace my old wafedale which is picky what it likes.

Another way is to use tv out if you have it on your video card, I use that sometimes as xp has a buolt in slideshow player.

8. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    As a rule, they can't although I think the vendors have picked up on the idea that people will use this feature (now that everybody is buying digital cameras) so you are starting to see it on new models.

What Nero (and the other software does) is create a slideshow on a VCD which DVD players can play. Slideshow is probably not the right word though as you can create menus etc as well