pics of a servo 15

sparkymarky

Prominent Member
Reaction score
has anyone got any pics of any black servo 15s?

trying to see how they fit into a room (and convince partner!)

cheers

Download "Google Toolbar" and then do an "Image Search" on <paradigm servo 15>.

There are a number of images but none "in room".

Perhaps a servo owner on here has a digital camera and can post a decent picture? :smashin:

Nimby

I would suggest that if you want to convince your partner the last thing you want to do is show her a picture. :)

Originally posted by Daneel
I would suggest that if you want to convince your partner the last thing you want to do is show her a picture. :)

Very true.

I had one and the black finish is disgusting on a box that size. You really will have to work hard to get even an ounce of WAF with this one.

Your best off getting a picture of the cherry finish one, work her over with that and then make out there was a mistake when you bring the huge black monolith in :)

"Oh really dear, I thought it was the cherry finish but this appears to be black! Oh well!"

Here's mine. Wife wasn't too impressed when I first brought it home, but she's learnt to live with it :thumbsup:

Attachments

• servo.jpg
    servo.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 365
Originally posted by Daneel

suppose I'm lucky as when I moved in with my woman - the cinema room hadn't been docorated (as she hadn't long been there herself) so I was able to base the room around my kit! so, she can't really complain about what it looks like, but saying that I haven't told her that I've ordered some rear spreakers yet....sigh...

lmao. U a dead bunny !!

The Servo 15 is a miniture sub when compared with the SVS PC tubes. Wanna see if the missus will let you have one in her livingroom?

Easy. Go outside and wheel in the big black flip-top garbage bin the council leave outside every house these days. I kid you not.........:rolleyes: Leave the "SVS" in the place you've chosen for a hour, then show her the picture of the Servo 15. :smashin:

Very amusing Nobber.
But as i replaced a servo 15 with a svs tube. I can tell you that it actually dominates the room less. It has a smaller foot print and as most people already have floor standers or speakers on stands it simply doesnt look out of place in the same way a huge black box does.

I'd have to say that I think it depends on room decor and sub position. If I was to put a svs tube in the same position as my servo, the hieght and colour (IMO) would stand out like a sore thumb against the light decor. The servo is low to the ground and one of the smallest items in my room and hence doesn't appear to dominate.
Only one way to find out, put that tube in your boot ridd and bring it down, erm actually dont, I'm happy with my servo and the last thing I want is to plant another 'must have' seed!

Id have to drop the seats down first.
Anyway i think ill be bringing the bfd down first :)

Sparkymarky

Serious suggestion this but tell her you can cover it with material, - sort of a loose cover effect like you do with armchairs and sofas. So long as the front is acoustically transparent the beast will look like a coffe table/buffet/seat (whatever takes your fancy).

I plan to do this with mine when we decorate the lounge.
It is a big black ugly box, but boy-oh-boy it's worth it!

Has she had a listen to one yet? If she likes the full cinematic effect get some forum member to give you a demo to convince her it's a 'must have' item.

CL

:eek: Nimby :eek:

For those who have yet to see these babies in the flesh then that gives us a very good idea of the sort of lies we are going to have to come up with to convince our other halves with :confused:

Thanks a lot:censored: :D

Here's a picture of mine next to a fairly chunky sofa - gives you a fair idea of the size of the thing. It has a throw over the top of it now (not covering the front) and this disguises it's blackness.

The good thing in my room is that when you enter it you don't even see the sub as the sofa in the picture obscures it.

Matt.

Attachments

• servo15-2.jpg
    servo15-2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 173
I guess its down to decor and room layout.
Heres mine

Attachments

• 100_1415_small.jpg
    100_1415_small.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 150
And this

Attachments

• 100_1416_small.jpg
    100_1416_small.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 150
The most disspointing and poor performing part of my system is.......

The room :(

I think Robin Hood must have owned an svs. Like him you seem keen on hi-jacking. Go start your own thread and leave us servo owners to have some glory :p

well i've bought the servo so no turning back now!!

Originally posted by Mikeg247
I think Robin Hood must have owned an svs. Like him you seem keen on hi-jacking. Go start your own thread and leave us servo owners to have some glory :p

It wasn't the SVS gang who hijacked the thread. Nobber raised the comparison early on. Adding images of the SVS was meant to be helpful to those trying to sneak a rather small black box past their "better halves". (the name of this tiny box escapes me for the moment) :D

At this point, all a potential owner of a Servo has to do is show their beloved the images of both subs. They can then move sufficient Servo's in to have one for each channel dotted all around the room. (if the need should arise) :clap:

One problem remains like a ticking timebomb though. What if the Servo owner want to trade up to an SVS? :devil:
Their partners will never trust them again! :blush:

Nimby :clown:

ITs okay nimby i know mike personaly. Hes just having a little pop at me. But the thing is he knows there is no glory in coming second :)
And i was pointing out that in some situations and to some people the tall SVS tube is less dominating in a room than the Servo 15.
Perhaps im the only that thinks this tho........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom