Picking up new channels

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by maxib, Sep 21, 2007.

1. maxib

maxib
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, no idea about satellites only that we have one which allows us to watch Italian TV. Quick question: my mum has just had one put in her house (same echostar, tuned into hotbird) but she gets loads of channels we don't. Is there a way of re-scanning for new channels or are we just stuck with the old ones we had - would quite like a couple of the ones she has! Thanks for any advice!

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Full listing of frequencies/channels/encryption used for Hotbird 13E here

http://www.satcodx1.com/0130/eng/

Which channels is your mother receiving that you aren't and is she using any cards or CAM(s)?

Entering a new frequency on an Echostar receiver is a simple matter of following the on-screen instruction in the menu. Without knowing the specific model I can't give more detail

3. maxib

maxib
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fernandez, she isnt using any cards or anything. I'm interested in a couple of channels like the Juventus channel, sportitalia and rai international which i cant see on my receiver. The box is an echostar DSG 78FTA if that is any help. Would a complete amateur like me be able to tune these in without messing up the channels i already get? Thanks for your help!

4. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    The Juventus channel is on 11958V 27500 3/4 and is part of the Sky Italia line-up encrypted in Videoguard.

SportItalia is on 11431V 27500 2/3 and is FTA by Mediasat
    and also
    11862H 27500 3/4 Sky Italia encrypted in Videoguard

RAI International 3 and RAI International 4 are on 10992V 27500 2/3 BISS encryption

So you'll see the only one FREE is SportItalia
    The Juventus channel can ONLY be received with an official Sky Italia receiver and subscription card
    The RAI channels are in BISS encryption and can be received with some patched receivers and/or CAMs

Information is patchy vague and non-English on the Echostar DSG 780FTA (not 78) - do a google for it
    receiver and exactly how your mother is receiving the encrypted channels I am unable to answer at the moment
    http://***********/3a3t89

Software downloads and channel lists may be available here
    http://***********/34adbl

BTW- entering the parameters for FTA Sport Italia would leave your current channel line-up untouched and new channels would simply be added at the end of the list

If you want to check the info I've given, or search for other channels, just go here
    http://en.kingofsat.net/
    and enter the channel name in the Channel Search field then (as it says) ZAP !!!

5. maxib

maxib
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay. Why is it that my receiver is not even registering these channels on the epg? I know ive got loads in there that are encrypted but these ones dont even show.
    So to get the sportitalia channel i need to type in those numbers you gave me somewhere in the menu. I'll give it a go though no doubt I'll be back to ask how!!! Thanks again!

6. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Yes, just go into the receiver menu and you'll find a screen that says
    Add New Transponder/Frequency
    or something similar and just type in the details and then press the button marked (usually) SEARCH

11431V 27500 2/3 will find
    Canale 5*
    Class News*
    Coming Soon
    BBC World
    Mediashopping*
    Sportitalia
    SportItalia24
    and a couple of test channels

*ENCRYPTED others FTA

From
    http://www.satcodx1.com/0130/eng/

7. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,335
    Sportitalia is no longer free - all three versions are now encrypted as part of various subscription packages and have been for several weeks now.

8. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Correct.
    Although kingofsat and Satcodx are still showing them as FTA, lyngsat lists:

Sportitalia Mediaguard 2
    Sportitalia Live 24 Mediaguard 2
    I've just got my motorised set-up repaired and working again (I couldn't try them earlier) and can confirm that.

It's still a mystery, however, that the OPs mother is receiving these channels on an FTA receiver with no CAM or card:confused: