Picking up channels from 2 transmitters

madacj

Established Member
Reaction score
I live near winter hill and that's where I normally get my channels from. However after doing a retune I am now picking up channels from winter hill and a welsh transmitter. I am currently viewing channels from winter hill because my digitalstream box gave me the option to choose between them. But the welsh channels are in the 800s. I have taken the aerial lead out and done a blank retune but they are still there. I was worried because I know some parts of the country don't get all channel and I don't want it to effect me.

Taking the aerlal out altogether works on some sets.
In other cases you may need to reset to factory settings, then retune, plugging the aerial back in only after it has passed the Welsh channels but before its scan reaches the Winter Hill channel area.
Alternatively, factory reset followed by manual tuning (look up the multiplex frequemcies or UHF channel numbers for Winter Hill first).

I was worried because I know some parts of the country don't get all channel and I don't want it to effect me.
Looks like you have more than most! The Welsh channels as well as the English.

However, some recorders can get upset with two different countries' and may not record as expected, if tuned to the wrong country when a recording is about to start.

Digital UK - Missing channels or wrong news service? may help you do a manual tune?

NB You will be prompted to retune again on 10th April as some frequencies at Winter Hill change then!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom