picking up a 9607 on Sunday... YES

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jimmylad, Jul 12, 2002.

1. jimmylad

jimmylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At last !! I've finally decided after weeks of looking & browsing that the best overall option for me will be the 9607. The posts on here made all the difference. I thank you all.

I wanted a 42" or bigger RPTV but at the end of the day the "tube" won due to it's superb image & if i want the TV to appear bigger I'll just have to push the setee up a couple of feet.

So......... just a few questions to current 9607 owners if you don't mind.

1) Is the sound good enough without having to "beef" it up ?

2) I will need a DVD player (£170 ish) & finally........

3) Which is the best way to connect it all up ( Sky digital, DVD,
    & video)

Thanks to everyone

Jim

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    1. Good enough??? Well it sounds good to me and certainly beats any other integrated system. Obviously if you have spare money :D then by all means splash out!

2. If you don't think it sounds too cheap I can heartily recommend the Cyberhome AD-L528... only £99.99 from Richer Sounds will play all regions out of the box including RCE titles without modification. Has a remote control macrovision hack, component, rgb, composite and s-video out along with both co-ax and optical out for sound. It will also play VCDs SVCDs CDs and MP3 CDs too! Oh and the picture is fantastic!

3. I have DVD connected RGB + coax to EXT1. Sky RGB to EXT 2 and Composite to my video and Video composite to EXT3

Enjoy your new TV!

3. jimmylad

jimmylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dvd sound excellent. will look into it.

4. Adrian

Adrian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would be grateful for some advice...

My 9607 works perfectly but with pre-recorded VHS tapes..
    When I play pre-recorded VHS tapes, original , new , digitaly mastered, etc.., I get vertical lines on the sides and generally a "rainy" screen...I cannot get rid of these whatever input I use...

Strangely, this does not happen when recording fromn the TV and playing back the tape..

Any ideas ? Adrian