Answered Picking the right TV

Demogorgon

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Needing some advice on the right TV to buy for a smallish gaming room I have setup in the house.

The room isn't the biggest and before I tried the LG 43in I have from the living room I knew I was going to struggle... this has now been confirmed. I think the room is too small for that size of TV... I think I have to settle for a 32in but this is where im stuck...

The TV will be mostly used for PS4/PS3/Xbox one S and Nvidia Shield...

I wanted a FULL HD panel rather than HD Ready and so found this little unit...

Buy Toshiba 32L3753DB LED Full HD 1080p Smart TV, 32" with Built-In Wi-Fi, Freeview HD & Freeview Play, Black | John Lewis

I cant find any information on input lag etc and just wondered if this would be good for gaming if anyone happens to know?

The Toshiba brand is licenced by the budget manufacturer Vestel so it's just a generic supermarket TV. Well, maybe a step up. There's not a lot of information on Vestel's range online.

On the bright side, it's not likely to do much image processing so you can expect the input lag to be low.

The best quality choices would probably be a Samsung M5500 or Sony WD75

Thanks for that. Really appreciate the advice.

If my viewing distance is roughly 150-180cm(ISH) depending on where I sit am I right in thinking a 32in would be the best option or should I consider bigger or smaller?

You should get the biggest tv you can afford/fit. What are your size restrictions in width and height? Measure up. You idally want to get a 40/43" FHD TV at that distance.

Size restrictions probably sit around 50-60in I believe. But the room I'll be using it in is pretty small. I currently have the living room TV in the room at the moment to try it for a few days to see how I feel.

I could be tempted to drop to a 40in from 43 I'm just not sure.

I will try this one for the next few days and see how it goes. Will keep the thread posted [emoji41]

I went to see the 49 inch model instore and it wasn't impressive. The MU models this year are inferiors to their counterparts last year so would be looking at others tbh

@Bioshock174 look at the guide I wrote here: UHD vs FHD

In particular the image showing optimum distance. You want the biggest TV you can fit. Don't worry about it "looking too big" follow the chart and get the biggest you can.

Make sure to measure the height and width of each TV. The diagonal isn't an accurate way of measuring.

What about the Panasonic Viera TX-40DX700B ? would this be a good purchase? mainly for gaming... I think the size suits well... :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom