Picked up Condemend for a bargain

Dr Force

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got the first condemned at blockbusters today for £6:thumbsup:

never played it before, but I have seen rave reveiws for the atmospheric and scary gamplay.

I thought for £6 you could not go wrong. I think i'll play it on my own late at night in the HC room:devil:

Anyone else enjoy it:)

never played it before, but I have seen rave reveiws for the atmospheric and scary gamplay.

I thought for £6 you could not go wrong. I think i'll play it on my own late at night in the HC room:devil:

Yeah i picked it up on the classifieds for a song. Its not found its way into the drive yet but its firmly on the list for weathering out the credit crunch this winter. I might have to dim the lights up a bit if it gets too jumpy......the intro to F.E.A.R had me hiding behind the sofa the other day !

You might want to edit your thread title tho, at first glance i thought you were talking about your spice rack :smashin:

Oh yeah spelling mistake:D:suicide:

You have to play it at night with the lights off and the surround up loud and on own is better.

I have never in all my years gaming been on the edge like i was playing Condemend.

In my opinion one of the most underrated games on 360.

Got a spare pair of pants ready?

Just saw a bit of Dead Space on Playr, I think everyone should have a few jumpy late night gaming sessions every now and then. Remember me and a mate playing Aliens years ago, everytime a facehugger jumped out we were squealing like girls !

In my eyes one of the best games i ever played on my 360, spare underpants anyone....:thumbsup:

In my eyes one of the best games i ever played on my 360, spare underpants anyone....:thumbsup:

Yep i agree, and when u consider that was out in 2005 it's simply an astonishing game. Never before has a game had such an atmosphere as that (that's the key point of the game). You will feel ur heartbeat :smashin: Enjoy.

Last edited:
cheers

may pick it up soon then

Thanks fella's seems I got a rght gem.

I will play it late at night over lots of weekends, so should be incredible VFM.

Played the demo and i just love it when you bump int a barrel or a can, that made me jump enough without surround sound lol.

I'll set upthe 360 in the HC Room for some serious heart stopping fun.

Thanks for your comments:thumbsup:

Dave

Great game, one of the 360's very best launch titles; and personally I think it stands up pretty well now. It's good to hear that it's still getting discovered :smashin:

Be prepared Dr Force. For the entire game the hairs on my arms were standing on end, even when there wasnt anything happening on screen, the use of atmospheric sound in this game is awesome. Really really good game, and for £6 makes it deal of the year really :thumbsup:

Thanks poon

I like the Psychological side of things, i prefer the scary films that give you the feeling of unease all the way through with tons of atmosphere. seems this is right up my street:thumbsup:

I recently bought the game for a 2nd time as I haven't played anything since that comes close to the atmosphere it provides. Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

+1 for Condemmed

I remember one point, I was backed into a corner, no ammo, spinning this way and that, trying to work out where the shuffling noises were coming from.

Turned out when I looked down, I was stood in a pile of leaves and I'd spent 10 minutes ****ing myself for no reason at all.

Slight spoiler:
I love the way that you never quite get to see things, a box or barrel will be knocked over and no matter how fast you spin round, all you'll get is a glimpse of a shadow or silhouette before it's gone.

An absolute belter. Enjoy!

I pooped my pants on the level with the mannequins in it.

Play this game with the lights off, late at night. Better than some horror movies

:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my favourite launch title by quite a long way. I lost count of the number of times it got my heart pounding (amazing for a video game) and freaked me out (that last level! :rolleyes: ). As many have said, it has to be played in the dark with 5.1. :rolleyes:
I'd heartily recommend it, especially at that price.

Did anyone play the sequel? Had a quick go on the demo and it just seemed to be more of the same so I quickly dismissed it. Thinking about it though, that's not a bad thing. Might have a ratch to see if it's on the cheap anywhere.

I think the 2nd one is more action less horror and is the poorer game for it

Absolutely loved the game from start to finsh, one of the best on the 360 easily, and sooo underated by many for some reason. Maybe the lack of a big licence of marketing push (freebies to mags etc) counted against it....:rolleyes:

Anyway as said, the tense, scary, aprehensive atmosphere has never been bettered and it all works brilliantly, oh and the impact and realisation for the melee fighting is so satisfying when you clatter someone well with a pipe and the hit something. It has some great jump moments and for £6 you;re laughing... just watch out for that elevator..;)

Got the 2nd game but must admit aven't played much of it due to other releases around the same time, but it certainly didn't grab me in the same way, although the forensic side is more involved. What was that first level all about...???:confused: Will have to play it sometime agian, what are peoples opinions who've played it?

One word - mannequins!

Spoiler..
It's the bit where they keep following you just before you drop down the hole in the floor. They're all obviously static, but move every time you turn around.
Oooh, still gives me the heeby-jeebies now! :cool:

I think the 2nd one is more action less horror and is the poorer game for it

:( Shame. It's only £17.99 at the minute but will wait to see if it gets sub £10 as I've spent too much on games recently.

Those mannequins Stewie! :rolleyes:

This was my favourite launch title by quite a long way. I lost count of the number of times it got my heart pounding (amazing for a video game) and freaked me out (that last level! :rolleyes: ). As many have said, it has to be played in the dark with 5.1. :rolleyes:
I'd heartily recommend it, especially at that price.

Did anyone play the sequel? Had a quick go on the demo and it just seemed to be more of the same so I quickly dismissed it. Thinking about it though, that's not a bad thing. Might have a ratch to see if it's on the cheap anywhere.

totally agree.with you..

if you have surround sound it is really eerie...the sound on the game is brilliant..especially in the department store..

brilliant game,

the 2nd game isint nowhere near as good though..shame..also there is a really bad glitch in the 2nd game.that seems to overwrite youre saves right at the end of the game(not good).

the 1st game though is really good.

Condemned 2 is £4.97 in Currys.

You got a bargain there mate, had a look in mine and it was £12.99

I got this game for £6 also, only from a member here :smashin: top game, i seemed to of completed it rather quickly though :( minus finding all the birds and other achievement nonsense :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom