Picked an RX-V1800, but offered RX-V3800 for only £150 more...what to do?

Solomalee

Standard Member
Hi all,

I had done a ton of research a while ago and had decided on the Yamaha RX-V1800 as my choice AV Amplifier. This is being hooked up to a KEF 5005.2 speaker set (with two extra satellites for the 7.1) and also a Panasonic Beamer. A Blue Ray drive is still on the list, but I'm not decided yet...

I placed my order and the supplier have said they can't supply a black RX-V1800 until July or August, but, they are offering me an RX-V3800 in black for only £155 more :eek:

I'd excluded the RX-V3800 on the basis that the price didn't justify what seems like only a few extra features (Music Streaming over ethernet and internet radio).

Now I'm placed in the position where the 3800 seems like 'good' value for money, should I fork out the extra dosh, will I be £150 happier with my purchase.

Advice gratefully accepted

Solo

jarraman

Go for it and tell us were your buying from as I want one too

Solomalee

Standard Member
My source probably won't be so useful to you as I'm buying in Switzerland. That is why I think there is the long lead time on the black RX-V1800.

Solomalee

Standard Member
I certainly expect new boxed warrantied and otherwise unused product (The RX-V1800 was certainly going to be new and an RX-V3800 better be new and not even ex-display or returned from a previous order).

Needless to say, that is something I'll be checking before confirming the order.

jarraman

I take it you can only check the contents as being brand new,if the original packing is still sealed,normally with those large metal staple clips.

If they are missing,then suspicion sets in.

Solomalee

Standard Member
That's true...and I'm getting this by mail order (They are a reputable company though).

Solo

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom