Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Panasonic TX32LX60

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

royemans

Hi,
I'm planning to buy one of these TV's tomorrow but need some advice on which one to get.
I searched this ( and others forums ) for weeks now but can't decide.

Samsung LE32N71B ( same as LE32N73B but Dutch model )

Panasonic TX32LX60

I saw both side to side in a store but i see little to none differences in PQ, the Samsung is a little more expensive but within reason.

Please guide me to make the right purchase.:lease:

Samsung hands down!

It uses the latest and the best S-PVA screen with advanced backlighting for increased color gamut. The only down side is their **** DNIe chip, but it can be disabled by selecting "Movie Mode".

Thanx but pease keep the reactions coming !!!

I saw that too that DNIe "degrades" the PQ rather than increasing it.

In the store they schared the same bad SD analog input with 1 connection for 48 LCD's so i couldn't really compare PQ because they all looked rather bad.
( store manager confirmed the " one connection bit " )

Samsung hands down!

It uses the latest and the best S-PVA screen with advanced backlighting for increased color gamut. The only down side is their **** DNIe chip, but it can be disabled by selecting "Movie Mode".

I disagree.

It is not so black and white (excuse pun!). Here are a few pointers.

PVA screens are used by Sony and Samsung and have good viewing angles and contrast. However Apple specify only IPS pannels as used by Panasonic for their colour accuracy.

Backlighting can account for up to 40% of the net cost of a lcd and manufacturers are deparately trying ways to reduce this. I have read plenty of negative comment about the wide colour gamut lighting used by samsung.

The Samsung wiselink may be useful to you.

I dislike the styling of the Panasonic 60 and think its more expensive brother the 600 has better styling. It also has better picture processing. Both Panasonics have a very good remote. The 600 has very good sound much better than the Samsung.

Panasonic also score higher than Samsung on Reliability.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything until I had made my own mind up. You need to do more homework until you are happy with your choice and buying somthing because someone on a forum told you it was best is not the way to do it.

OK thanx for the advice but after my CRT died 2 weeks ago i need a new TV !!!

I have searched now for 2 weeks and tomorrow is the day ...

I disagree.

It is not so black and white (excuse pun!). Here are a few pointers.

PVA screens are used by Sony and Samsung and have good viewing angles and contrast. However Apple specify only IPS pannels as used by Panasonic for their colour accuracy.

Backlighting can account for up to 40% of the net cost of a lcd and manufacturers are deparately trying ways to reduce this. I have read plenty of negative comment about the wide colour gamut lighting used by samsung.

The Samsung wiselink may be useful to you.

I dislike the styling of the Panasonic 60 and think its more expensive brother the 600 has better styling. It also has better picture processing. Both Panasonics have a very good remote. The 600 has very good sound much better than the Samsung.

Panasonic also score higher than Samsung on Reliability.

Personally I wouldn't buy anything until I had made my own mind up. You need to do more homework until you are happy with your choice and buying somthing because someone on a forum told you it was best is not the way to do it.

There's somethings you dont know about S-IPS and its not black and white like you said.

S-IPS is poor for viewing compressed videos, especially the ones converted form Film to Digital/low bit rate. Now, as you may know, S-IPS and VA (PVA and MVA) have very slow response time when compared to TN. So to lower the response time below (<16ms), manufactures use a technology called "Overdrive". Overdrive is a name for increasing amplification on the pixel voltage rails.

On S-IPS, overdrive causes elevated twinkling effect in movies and pixilation on highly compressed videos (Sky SD, Sky HD, Freeview etc…), which can be annoying and it causes dithering (only if overshoot occurs) on VA panel.

The following information is quoted from my guide:

Something to know about IPS LCD panels!
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
S-IPS LCD technology is currently manufactured by LG.Philips and Chi Mei Optoelectronics. S-IPS is designed for static viewing. In other words, it was designed for photo editing, medical use and public displays thanks to its wide viewing angels and outstanding color quality but it’s slightly poor at displaying movies and compressed videos (elevated noise levels). Its black levels are also quite average but, its response time is excellent.

Overdrive:
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Overdrive was invented by various manufactures to lower the repose time by increasing voltage/amp levels on LCD panel. If the overdrive mechanism is incorrectly configured or over used, it would sometimes cause pixel to malfunction permanently or prevents it from fully turning. In most cases, overdrive will cause image retention, dithering and twinkling effect on compressed videos. If image retention occurs, unplug the LCD from the mains for 24hours before use.

Dont get me wrong, S-IPS used to be the best, because the rival PVA and MVA LCDs are quite poor in comparison (lack of color and viewing angles) but since the introduction of S-PVA by S-LCD (Samsung-Sony LCD), S-IPS lost its crown. S-PVA provides better color (still slightly below S-IPS), increased viewing angle, higher contrast ratio (with deeper blacks) and its only one of two panels what made LCDs closer to CRT and PDP.

S-PVA also has slight twinkling effect due to overdrive but it’s not bad as S-IPS.

The primary problem is S-IPS is its black levels as black may appear grayish. This is why S-PVA is recommended for best picture.

Here is a simulated twinkling effect (pic noise) and overshoot.

With which Sony TV can the Samsung LE32N73 be compared ? The V / S / U series ?
Or is comparison out of the question ?

I know it's all relative and personal but 2 weeks without TV is getting at me!

Its somewhere between S and the V

And it's ridiculously expensive. IMO, he'll be much better with Panasonic PDP then DX600 LCD.

PS: There are number of ways to improve S-IPS but it adds extra cost to the TV.

I will choose between the LE32N73 or the TX32LX60 but the 600 is too expensive for me.

Does anybody know if you can switch DNIe off ?

And it’s ridiculously expensive. IMO, he'll be much better with Panasonic PDP then DX600 LCD.

Sure? The LX600 is very good when I saw it, even comared to the plasma, really good blacks and all. The Panasonic plasmas have a really bad purple snakes problem, so I would avoid them until they are fixed. I'm stuck with it :mad:

Maybe it would be better if i describe the use :

- Watching digital cable ( but still SD )
- DVD viewing
- Using PS3 as from march ( i hope )

Is there very much difference between the scalers or is it always better to buy a upscaling DVD player ?

For the rest : 5.1 JBL set, Harman kardon ampli.
So sound isn't an issue

Sure? The LX600 is very good when I saw it, even comared to the plasma, really good blacks and all. The Panasonic plasmas have a really bad purple snakes problem, so I would avoid them until they are fixed. I'm stuck with it :mad:

Still, even on the new models?

I will choose between the LE32N73 or the TX32LX60 but the 600 is too expensive for me.

Does anybody know if you can switch DNIe off ?

by selecting "Movie Mode"

Maybe it would be better if i describe the use :

- Watching digital cable ( but still SD )
- DVD viewing
- Using PS3 as from march ( i hope )

Is there very much difference between the scalers or is it always better to buy a upscaling DVD player ?
I would recommend routing the RGB SCART through the Panasonic DVD-Recorder with built-in up-sampler (HDMI).

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~PAN-DMREZ25.htm

Then its a good thing that Pioneer PDPs have dropped in price lol

Could you guys post which one you would buy please.

If possible post the reason.:lease:

Sorry for all the questions but i have to decide soon; LOL

Hi,
I'm planning to buy one of these TV's tomorrow but need some advice on which one to get.
I searched this ( and others forums ) for weeks now but can't decide.

Samsung LE32N71B ( same as LE32N73B but Dutch model )

Panasonic TX32LX60

I saw both side to side in a store but i see little to none differences in PQ, the Samsung is a little more expensive but within reason.

Please guide me to make the right purchase.:lease:

Go with your home brand - Philips

But not xxPF55 models but xxPF75 models with Pixel plus. In the UK they most definitely give the best Picture Quality (PQ) from our DVB-T transmissions. They also give better than any other on Sky digital or cable digital. Even the xxPF55 model I have observed gave as good as if not better thanthe Sony V2000 on Sky digital. On HD I still thought even the xxPF55 to be the best although I vote clarity/resolution better than the colour depth offered by the Sony models. On the xxPF75 models there was no comparison. I have no idea how much you can afford but without any doubt the even more costly Philips models IMHO with Clear LCD set a benchmark that no other manufacturer is anywhere near.

If possible make a choice in poll :lease:

All tips/sugestions are welcome !!!

If the people who voted could explain their choice that would help a lot !

Thanx

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom