1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piccies Of Sony VPL CX1 in action

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bigalroz, Dec 21, 2001.

1. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having bought a Sony VPL CX1 projector from PC World a few months ago I have finally got round to adding some piccies and info to my website.

If any one has any more useful information that could be added let me know and I'll add it

Cheers

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't got anything useful to say, but I must say I like your site. So simple and straight forward!

And also I think your set up is one of the best, 'cos your having real good big movie fun on a small budget, which is what I think HC is all about. Yes, I'm poor too!

3. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great site there, I will have to do a site too someday when I get some time. Could you post your settings for your projector regarding gain/bias levels and also brightness/contrast?. What type of screen are you using aswell? (grey/white?).

Im hoping that Avia or Video Essentials 2? PAL is released soon so I can fully calibrate this great projector.

James
    p.s have you tried a PC connected to the projector for TV or DVD movies?, the picture is a lot better imho from a PC but probably more hassle unless you set it up in way that it's not much hassle like I have done using WinXP etc..

4. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,

Yes, I tried the projector with one of my mates laptops. The picture was sharper, more detailed and more stable. I plan to build a HC PC early in the new year. The fact that sony remote can be used to control a PC as well is a big bonus. I'll check my Gain and Bias settings the next time I'm using it as I can't remember them off hand. I'll post them on this thread and add them to the site. Not sure how useful they will be though, I guess each projector is individual and will have different values when calibrated correctly.

Eventually I'd like to get it properly ISF calibrated, but probably not for a while yet.

I'm not using a screen, just projecting onto the wall. I've just moved into this house and the walls are very smooth plaster (an excellant job by the builders!). The walls are emulsioned Magnolia. I'm not convinced a screen would significantly improve the picture but if any one wants to try and convice me otherwise :)

Alan