Picard Season 2

One thing that’s always annoyed me is immediate reaction to Qs appearances, the inevitable voicing of “Q” in that tone. I get it, it just annoys me.

Aunty Jane!

Not all Q's are annoying (ST Voyager). But can be a source of humor and unbelievably a sense of morality.

Its only Picard he pissed off because Picard didn't like him and he fell for it. Mind you in Q's first appearances in ST he was written as a total prick but then evolved into a new different character. Then Q appeared in DS9 and look what happened there. :D

Last edited:
Aunty Jane!

Not all Q's are annoying (ST Voyager). But can be a source of humor and unbelievably a sense of morality.

Its only Picard he pissed off because Picard didn't like him and he fell for it. Mind you in Q's first appearances in ST he was written as a total prick but then evolved into a new different character. Then Q appeared in DS9 and look what happened there. :D

I didn’t say Q was annoying.

I know. :) You said it was the immediate reaction to Qs appearances. By that do you mean Picards?

Yeah, not just Picard’s though, and not just in the season 2 teaser trailer. It was pretty much the same reaction every time he initially appeared to anyone on the Enterprise. That initial reaction became formulaic. I still enjoyed the episodes anyone, but that formulaic aspect annoyed me.

Picard season 1 was okay at best and pretty dire at worst. It was saved by Patrick Stewart and Brent Spiner always being watchable. The ancillary crew characters were really poorly developed with only the Captain being vaguely interesting. Data's daughters were uninspiring and the Romulan sibs were utterly dire. I have heard there is going to be a completely different set of writers on board for future seasons. First lot definitely needed firing so i'll give it a chance.

I do not tend to to delve to deep into the Trek universe but I have to admit that all that I loved about it is gone and pushed aside .

Picard first season did a great job in ripping apart the federation next generation and its captains legacy in it .

Picard or Discovery is everything that Star Trek is not, both are actually anti Trek in style scope and purpose . There is such a backwards step in these shows that is now and not what the original series aspired to .

Fudge you Picard for that extra income in old age at the expense of that next generation that held onto the Fedaration .

I always thought the Trek universe to be a rather diverse mix from the start of the original series to next gen . Seems not as we now have to take apart and dismantle them years of a white bald man at the helm and reduce that time into a narrative of only his mistakes and shortcomings .

Short change indeed ...

Last edited:
I always thought the Trek universe to be a rather diverse mix from the start of the original series to next gen . Seems not as we now have to take apart and dismantle them years of a white bald man at the helm and reduce that time into a narrative of only his mistakes and shortcomings .

Short change indeed ...
Cultured acting, layered story telling. A reminder:

Multi-layered indeed, it’s been argued Picard abused his position in that episode. Given what had happened previously, he knew full well she’d have a strong need to come good and validate his faith in her.

Multi-layered indeed, it’s been argued Picard abused his position in that episode. Given what had happened previously, he knew full well she’d have a strong need to come good and validate his faith in her.
I can see both sides of the argument as I'm sure you can too. I don't know if the writers intended it that way but it is indeed multilayered :)

Agreed. A more gently surprised and curious “Q” would have been better, and more consistent with how we left him in AGT. Rather than the usual brusque ‘not you again’ tone that is just there for fan service.

I disagree. I think by the time we get to 7 years of character development there’s bound to be some level of understanding between Picard and Q, but even at the end, Picard is at great pains to stress its the last time he finds himself in the court room. (I hope we do get him there just to he how he reacts. 😂)

but my point is, Q has and always annoy Picard and I think his tone was just right. He must have thought he’d finally seen the last of him after so long.

I can see both sides of the argument as I'm sure you can too. I don't know if the writers intended it that way but it is indeed multilayered

Lower Decks is one of my favourite episodes in TNG. some of the most profound and affecting scenes the show has ever done. I think about that scene quite often. Did Picard abuse his position? I dunno, I’m not sure. I suppose the argument is there to be had as it’s not denied even by Picard he was harsh.

But at the same time, she has a checkered history and the mission she was in line for, was no picnic.

Last edited:
"Your going to see a VERY different Q this time."

Oh gawd, are they going to train wreck him as well?

Last edited:
"Your going to see a VERY different Q this time."

Oh gawd, are they going to train wreck him as well?

to be fair, the Q we saw at the end of TNQ was different to the one on the pilot. I’m not a fan of everything ”Picard“ did but they’ve respected the legacy characters by and large.

Q has brought something new and different in almost every episode he’s popped up in. What I’m curious about is how is having him for so long during the season going to work out. It was fine when he appeared for an episode every now and then, there’d be a bit of Q ”supernatural” mischief and then it was back to business as usual next week. What I’m hoping for is consequence, not an an entire season where anything could happen and then goes back to normal at the end with click of his fingers.

Q has brought something new and different in almost every episode he’s popped up in. What I’m curious about is how is having him for so long during the season going to work out. It was fine when he appeared for an episode every now and then, there’d be a bit of Q ”supernatural” mischief and then it was back to business as usual next week. What I’m hoping for is consequence, not an an entire season where anything could happen and then goes back to normal at the end with click of his fingers.

Allegedly he's going to be a P2 regular character. You know, like Morecombe & Wise? :D

Hi first time posting in this forum, so not sure if this is allowed. Apologies in advance to the mods if not - and if so please delete.

I thought I'd try my hand at designing my own poster for Season 2. I don't have all the fancy software and all the know-how, so please forgive the rather basic presentation. But I thought I'd do it for fun, and I'd be interested in feedback.

1629231296504.png

I remember watching Stewart invite Goldberg to be on the show on national TV & I was heartbroken.
The story of why she's in the series is nice, but she basically begged them to give her a role & what did she actually do?
Then they announced De Lancie is coming back, I dislike his character The Most!

The way they ended season 1 was horrific, JLP is now a synthetic?
That's just so deus ex machina!

but i don’t think he’s as strong and endurable as Data was for example. He has the same lifespan as he would have had he not died and become synthetic. Problematic in its own way but thats the road they went down and it’s workable IMO

I remember watching Stewart invite Goldberg to be on the show on national TV & I was heartbroken.
The story of why she's in the series is nice, but she basically begged them to give her a role & what did she actually do?
Then they announced De Lancie is coming back, I dislike his character The Most!

My shocked emoji was due to that statement, how can anyone not love Q :eek:

I skip episodes with de Lancie, except the one with D'Abo:

EzB05z0rC-59OiwikkqlxvQMyD4SY3iFl22p4oznafAYQ4WUmLBi3l-xtCLBtsiuTf83vCA0fJrFxd4

Hmm, I may have to rewatch that one, an important episode, but Q ruins the finalé.
I can't stand the final episode.

Why would Stewart inviting Goldberg to appear on the show be heartbreaking?

Granted there are a few that even I am less fond of ("Hide & Q" and "Qpid" spring to mind) but for the most part I love the character and his interactions with Picard, its that which has given me some hope for Season 2 because I certainly am not tuning in for Picard himself, that ship has sailed.

Having Whoopi back is also a great addition, she and Picard had a very special relationship spanning time and reality and was one of his closest confidants so can't wait to see how she will feature, perhaps her long running feud with Q might be finally explained.

Having Whoopi back is also a great addition, she and Picard had a very special relationship spanning time and reality and was one of his closest confidants so can't wait to see how she will feature, perhaps her long running feud with Q might be finally explained.

Completely agree! In TNG, Q was clearly afraid of her, but the writers sadly never pursued that story.

In regard to Guinan & Q being in Picard Season2, I was more wondering if the Picard series was going to ruin those characters as well. John De Lancie has already said that this Picard version of Q is going to be VERY different from whats been seen before so make of it what you will. Feelings of dread abound. :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom