Picard Season 2

Garrett

Watching this video found there going to be a second series (if not mentioned before) and looks like Guinan going to be in it and possibly the origin of the Borg
Anyway here that video but spoilers for some of the series.

tonyk79

IF indeed true, it's good news that it has been renewed for two seasons as it gives security and a minimum timeline for the writers to develop a good story without rushing it.

Garrett

BTW the origin of the Borg was told in trilogy by David Mack Star Trek:Destiny but then sometimes the novels are ignored.

Buckster666

No thanks, i'll pass.

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Same here. I stuck with the first series, but in truth it was dire. Not one that I’ll bother with again.

Clem

scrowe

@Buckster666 @Clem_Dye the creatives have left, and a new team will be in place for season 2, and alongside the management changes with CBS and Viacom re-merging, it’s worth at least seeing if there is a different approach going forwards.

VisionMan

@Buckster666 @Clem_Dye the creatives have left, and a new team will be in place for season 2, and alongside the management changes with CBS and Viacom re-merging, it’s worth at least seeing if there is a different approach going forwards.

I'll wait for others reviews to decide if to watch season 2, as season 1 was no biggie.

VisionMan

Blimey imagine if people abandoned TNG after the first 13 episodes.
Ah, that was a different situation and comparison as TNG were all different stories. Some good some bad, but this was just 1 long one which wasn't particularly gripping.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
Blimey imagine if people abandoned TNG after the first 13 episodes.
If social media had existing back then i dread to think what would have happened.

zantarous

If social media had existing back then i dread to think what would have happened.
I woukd still take all the social media nonsense with a pinch of salt it's a bubble. Even less so for the new shows, all they exist to do is sell subscriptions for CBSAA and they are doing that. The whole I don't like new Trek cause it's not like old Trek goes all the way back to the original movies.

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
I woukd still take all the social media nonsense with a pinch of salt it's a bubble. Even less so for the new shows, all they exist to do is sell subscriptions for CBSAA and they are doing that. The whole I don't like new Trek cause it's not like old Trek goes all the way back to the original movies.
Indeed but people had to write letters back then, which of course they did hence why Star Trek (talking TOS) survived a little longer, so no influence at all.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Can't wait. I'll be watching it for sure.

Buckster666

The first season of TNG is a masterpiece compared to this god awful show.

Garrett

There is a great story, on I think the ENT Blu-ray where, Braga tells of a particular fan that was so disgruntled with an episode that he emptied the content of his kitchen bin, sent it to the Star Trek production office and said this is what I thought of your last episode.
Is that the very last episode of Enterprise? which had a lot of fans up in arms. Id send him a homemade Mr Hanky because of it, but it would not be allowed in the post. :rotfl:

Buckster666

Is that the very last episode of Enterprise? which had a lot of fans up in arms. Id send him a homemade Mr Hanky because of it, but it would not be allowed in the post. :rotfl:
I hated that episode. I refuse to re watch it.

Garrett

I hated that episode. I refuse to re watch it.
I advice people that are watching the series not to watch it but then I bet curiosity gets the better of them, they watch it then realise they should have heeded my warning.
A bit of Cassandra and Pandora syndrome.