Pic with polariser

Paranormalist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took this picture today using a polariser. Best sky I've ever got I do believe. Thanks, Tobers, for recommending that I get one. Still waiting on an ND Grad Filter though.

Comments welcome as always.

Good man! That's looking rather better than the previous attempts without the polariser. The grass is a tad underexposed but the sign & pole are spot on. Nothing that cant be fixed in post-production (or with that grad filter).

Tobers

Nice one, just got the 6500fd myself. Still a lot to learn. How many stops do you lose with the filter on?

Good man! That's looking rather better than the previous attempts without the polariser. The grass is a tad underexposed but nothing that cant be fixed in post-production (or with that grad filter).

Tobers

I thought that too about the grass. Can't wait to get experimenting with the ND Grad. :thumbsup:

A circular poalriser is an essential piece of kit for anything landscape IMO.

Nice one, just got the 6500fd myself. Still a lot to learn. How many stops do you lose with the filter on?

After not using one and then getting this result I agree with you totaly, stevegreen.

sbowler, I have no idea. I've only just got it!! :blush:

I find the "chrome" setting on the fuji saturates colour quite a bit, did you use the polariser with this setting?
Have seen a great potential pic re the comp. Its a shop window for bathrooms and they have these plasic bubbles filling a bath and others floating above it. Trouble is the reflections on the window cant seem to avoid them and there spoiling the photo, any tips fellas?

I find the "chrome" setting on the fuji saturates colour quite a bit, did you use the polariser with this setting?
Have seen a great potential pic re the comp. Its a shop window for bathrooms and they have these plasic bubbles filling a bath and others floating above it. Trouble is the reflections on the window cant seem to avoid them and there spoiling the photo, any tips fellas?

I just used the standard setting.

Thought about that steve, trouble is its angled best from outside and the display is right up agains the window. Will have to figure something out. Heres my initial effort.

Attachments

• bubbles.jpg
    bubbles.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 81
You should be able to reduce the reflections using a circular polariser depending where the light is coming from. You might not be able to get rid completely but a bit of careful post processing could provide the results you are after.

Will have to figure something out.

Off camera flash cord ;) About £35 for a Jessops one.
Then you can point the light where you want it to go so there is no direct reflection coming back at the lens. I'd also use a CPL though to minimise any other reflection from the ambient light.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom