• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

pic quality on Humax

imigix

First impression is very good on HD other SD channels as good as freeview as you would expect.
One odd thing even though I inputed my correct post code at set up I have not got my local ITV ( yorks ) I have Central W looks like a read of the book is required.
At first power up the software was updated via. a short download.

Bachstrad

First impression is very good on HD other SD channels as good as freeview as you would expect.
One odd thing even though I inputed my correct post code at set up I have not got my local ITV ( yorks ) I have Central W looks like a read of the book is required.
At first power up the software was updated via. a short download.

If you look at the Freesat website you'll see that the BBC and ITV are not broadcasting all their regions on Freesat. Not very clever IMHO.

ATB

Max

Bachstrad

Do a manual scan and you will find your region. Mine picked up STV straight away.

Nice to know there's a work around, does it affect the EPG?

ATB

Max

imigix

Have now done a manual scan and my missing regions are now on.
This however has thrown up a few hundred channels makeing it harder to find what you want, although it is HD that I am after.
There will be a way of putting my favorites in some sort of order, I am a bit hampered at the moment as the wife is not happy with the outlay to get it and it is the wedding anniversary today even though I remembered it.
Also I thought at first the SD pic was as good as Freeview but I have now come to the conclusion it is not quite as good.

JonnyGoon

Standard Member
Also I thought at first the SD pic was as good as Freeview but I have now come to the conclusion it is not quite as good.

Same here.

I cant seem to get 576i through HDMI, so its either the signal is worse or the Humax de-interlacer is pretty ass such that the TV does a better job with it for IDTV to scale to a HDTV set.

hilhames

Standard Member

Am reading threads and trying to get a grip on all this as just buying new tv will be getting a pvr- completely ignorant and should be staying away from this forum really!

If you have freeview built into the tv can you still watch SD through freeview if thats the better picture and just HD through Freesat?

But the new tvs eg Panasonic will only have built in Freesat and no Freeview?

davepuma

Distinguished Member
If you have freeview built into the tv can you still watch SD through freeview if thats the better picture and just HD through Freesat?
Yes

But the new tvs eg Panasonic will only have built in Freesat and no Freeview?

All new TV's have to have a digital (freeview) tuner built in so they will have a terrestrial TV tuner, so you can go between freeview and freesat no need to worry.

timlloyd

Have now done a manual scan and my missing regions are now on.
This however has thrown up a few hundred channels makeing it harder to find what you want, although it is HD that I am after.
There will be a way of putting my favorites in some sort of order, I am a bit hampered at the moment as the wife is not happy with the outlay to get it and it is the wedding anniversary today even though I remembered it.

ITV used to run at a lower resolution on satellite compared to freeview, dont know whether that is still the case but that would explain why possibly ITV has better picture quality on freeview......

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=300594

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom