Pic Quality of HKL 'The Killer'??

L

loafer316

Anyone bought this yet? can anyone tell me what the transfer is like? most of HKL stuff is pretty good. I have an old non anormorphic version of this claSSIC.

THXS

Hi Loafer,

Saw a friend's copy:

- Picture quality is good, but there are minor bits of grain. This is more down to the nature of the fact it's an Asian film, than the DVD mastering itself. (Asian films, rarely look as good as their Western counterparts.)

- Audio is good. DD5.1 is relatively clear.

- Subtitles are good, clear and more coherent than previous versions I've seen on TV and UK VHS.

- Film is completely uncensored this time around. (Prior versions on TV were edited, although old UK VHS edition also had minor edits made.)

I didn't get to watch any of the extras, but have been told that they are worth watching. Mainly consisting of Deleted Scenes, Cast And Crew Interviews, and a Bey Logan (Hong Kong film expert) audio commentary.

Pooch

Thx Pooch!!! should order it then!! funny i popped into hmv yesterday and they had it for 19.99!!! what a con!!! HKL sell for 14.99 themselves :rolleyes: ....anyway i see CD wow are selling it for 10.99 ;)

Yeah, but they're not getting any from their suppliers 'til the 30th October :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: The Killer(Special Collector\'s Edition)

We are currently awaiting a stock delivery of this title from our supplier. Please rest assured that we will be able to ship your CD out to you on the 30th October 2002.

As soon as there are any further updates we will notify you accordingly. Otherwise, as soon as we receive this item in stock we will dispatch it to you.

On the date of dispatch we will send you an e-mail message confirming shipment. Please allow 5-7 days for the CD to arrive to your door.

Many thanks for your patience and our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for shopping at CD-WOW!

Kind regards

Customer Services CD WOW!
www.cd-wow.com

mongs

Oh bugger!! lol

not 2worry...should be shipped tommorow! then :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom