Pic Quality of HKL 'The Killer'??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by loafer316, Oct 28, 2002.

1. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone bought this yet? can anyone tell me what the transfer is like? most of HKL stuff is pretty good. I have an old non anormorphic version of this claSSIC.

THXS

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Loafer,

Saw a friend's copy:

- Picture quality is good, but there are minor bits of grain. This is more down to the nature of the fact it's an Asian film, than the DVD mastering itself. (Asian films, rarely look as good as their Western counterparts.)

- Audio is good. DD5.1 is relatively clear.

- Subtitles are good, clear and more coherent than previous versions I've seen on TV and UK VHS.

- Film is completely uncensored this time around. (Prior versions on TV were edited, although old UK VHS edition also had minor edits made.)

I didn't get to watch any of the extras, but have been told that they are worth watching. Mainly consisting of Deleted Scenes, Cast And Crew Interviews, and a Bey Logan (Hong Kong film expert) audio commentary.

Pooch

3. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx Pooch!!! should order it then!! funny i popped into hmv yesterday and they had it for 19.99!!! what a con!!! HKL sell for 14.99 themselves :rolleyes: ....anyway i see CD wow are selling it for 10.99 ;)

4. lentini

lentini

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Yeah, but they're not getting any from their suppliers 'til the 30th October :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mongs

5. loafer316

loafer316

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh bugger!! lol

not 2worry...should be shipped tommorow! then :D