pic in pic editing?

K

k.w.

Hi, I am looking for some software that will allow picture in picture video editing. For example, a car race with the video of the race and then a pic pic view of the driver. I use a windows opp system now. I have been using pinicale 9 for most of my vids but now i need the pic in pic function. Does anyone know any software that will allow this feature. Thanks for the help k.w.

Hi, Ulead Video Studio 9 (or 8) does Picture in Picture etc, as an "overlay" video track. I'd be surprised if Adobe Premiere Elements didn't do it as well. You should be able to find both, and Vegas Movie Studio, as 30-day free trial downloads to see how you get on.

The Plus versions of Pinnacle Studio 9/10 do have an overlay ( second) video track which will allow this.
Certainly Adobe Premiere Elements 1/2, Sony Vegas MovieStudio can as they both feature multiple Video tracks
Studio( Pinnacle) 9.4 and 10 with its recent patch 10.5 are perhaps less troublesome than others have been.
You can Pan and scan the overlay track independently of the main video .
Ulead VideoStudio 9 also has an overlay video track.
The pertinent thing to note is that pic in pic effects reqiure you to use the timeline rather than storyboard view
HTH

Thanks guys. It sounds like the sony software will do fine. I hope to purchase an hd camera in a few weeks to replace my old one. Sony has some hd editing stuff so it should work fine. Thanks for all the help.

Sony: Vegas Movie Studio Platinum+DVD ( for HD)
Of course the full program (Sony Vegas 6) does HD too but it is much costlier than the Movie Studio Versions

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom