1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piano imminent, surely?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nickane, Jul 1, 2002.

1. nickane

nickane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So, http://www.plus.uk.com has come back online finally, but only to bring news that the U3-810Z and U3-1100Z models can now match the short-focus (SF) models' throw ratios, and are thus renamed U3-810WZ and 1100WZ (presumably WZ stands for Wide Zoom).

Last word from Plus/Rapesco (given to Walter Mitty) on the Piano's arrival to the UK was July (anybody remember when it was gonna be 1st of Jan?). It would be pretty useless though, for them to release the 3100 b4 the 3200 as once the sales channels are set up (Plus UK has not yet had many dealings with the AV sector, hence the delay), the 3200 should follow swiftly, and who is going to buy the 3100, when the 3200 is close behind (I know there are some people who don't rate/need the added features, but I, and I think most ppl do).

The 3200 hits Japan "mid-July" (see press release at www.plus-vision.com ). And in their round-up of Infocomm, www.projectorcentral.com state that the 3200 will arrive in the US "next month", and as the article is dated 15/06, I guess that means mid/late July.

Plus-vision's article also mentions there will only be 800 units/month produced initially, but whether this means worldwide or just in the US, I cannot say.

My guess? We won't see either pj till at least the end of the month, and they will probably come out at the same time. Those who think the announcement of the 3200 will mean that the 3100's price (mentioned in April) of £2100 will be lowered might be being a little too optimistic (since when do pjs cost only slightly more than they do in the US?). And I am expecting to pay as much as £2500 for the 3200.

In the time that has passed since I first heard word of this projector, I have raised the money to buy it (working at minimum wage, I don't pay rent, but then I don't eat for free either), then blown that money in a month, whilst gap-year travelling in New York, and finally raised it all over again.

Any further discussion would be welcome as I have little or nothing to kill time with, until they bring this thing out. ;)

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I've given up with these cowboys. There have been so many broken promises I have NO confidence in any after sales support, even with good dealer. They have 'strung' me along for ages. I have now washed my hands of them. Not good, and they had everything going for them as well. ****ing it away I think the technical term is.:mad: :mad: Buyer beware.

3. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi you two,
    Yes I spoke to Brian Wood again yesterday 1/7/02 he says he will be bringing it here in July, hasn`t yet decided the model to release, and has not yet appointed a dealer through which we can purchase it, I am begining to think he`s a bull ----er too.
    I could have sorted all that out in one day if I had the power that he talks as though he`s got. Pity though sounds the PJ for me however I`m not waiting too much longer, I am definately going to be fixed up by October and the long evenings. Wish I had a company that could afford to lose sales like them

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,463
    Hello all

Like you guys I've been struggling to get to grips with this product and the latest info I have (26/06/02) was that an announcement was to be made in July on when which model (HE3100 or HE3200 or both) were to be launched and at what price and which dealers were being appointed in the UK.

I guess also the launch of the new In-Focus Screen Play 110 is having a bearing on the price of the PLUS PIANO model in the UK.

Like you all we are awaiting updates from the UK distributor.

Best regards

Joe

5. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I was told they had set the 3100 price at £2100. They got it HCC 'reviewed' at that price. If they now want to increase that I am not amused...:(

6. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well they just lost a sale.......I went to see the new Panny AE100E and it`s ok for me so I bought it today along with a Pro v and screen from screens direct to you, I `m fed up of waiting I`d of thought a company would be glad of a sale but seems i`m wrong

7. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I nearly placed an order for an ae100 today as well, decided against it at the last minute. I really want a dlp, rapesco haven't a clue. Can't someone like Owl video step in and pick up distibution for the Piano, please !!!

8. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Meva.....get your self the Panny. Blimey it`s brilliant, I was really unsure reading all the stuff on here but wow it`s all I need and for £1250... I got a screen and pro v too ...all for only £1600. I cant believe how good it is and I`ve only used it with composite leads since my s vid lead is too short.
    Even if composite was all there was for this I`d be more than delighted. Today I put it on for first time I even put in some copies of dvd ie/svcd which I made and thru composite leads too I was amazed.
    I saw it in the shop along side the Simm at over £5000 and I couldnt see the difference certainly not a difference to pay extra for dont waste time waiting for the Plus Piano I¬m sorry I did now
    all the best

9. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thanks may ring up later.