1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Piano disappointment

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sykes, May 21, 2002.

1. Sykes

Sykes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After several emails from Rapesco promising that the launch of the Plus Piano was imminent (one stated that it was to be last Wednesday!) I have now heard from them that the launch will now not be until sometime after the 17th of June, after the forthcoming InFocomm conference.

My patience is wearing ever thinner.....

Has anyone else any news/rumour/gossip/speculation about this??????

Is a new Piano to be released at InFocomm???

Are Sony going to release a widescreen Cineza???

Am i just very p****d off that i have been waiting for months for the Piano, and here i am still waiting??

All I can say is the answer is Yes to the last question

Sykes

2. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I too am waiting for the Piano Release, I received an Email from Brian Wood
    at Plus on the 16th May, he assured me that the release was due end of May and to keep an eye on the web site and the price would be around £2,100, I hope he`s not fobbing me off.
    It sounds like the best projector for me seems you can just plug in S video and bobs your uncle great picture with no hastle...Can`t wait to demo it

3. Sykes

Sykes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately my info is more recent, got it on the 20th, and it also came from Brian!! I have been pestering him rather alot as I wanted to get a Piano ASAP.

Over at AVS there appears to be rumour that Plus are to announce an upgraded Piano (hopefully with an increase in ANSI lumens but no loss of black level, acceptance of progressive input and a longer bulb life) soon. It may have something to do with the delay of the Piano here. Rapsco may be waiting till after InFocomm when such news would be announced (Brain alluded to something like this in his email which has got me wondering)!

Then again it may not - it might be that Rapesco just aren't that interested in dealing with the private purchaser preferring to do Business2Business transactions which would mean we have got a very long wait till the Piano is released.......damn and blast!!!

By the way has anyone imported a Piano directly into the UK (I understand Philip got his imported to the Netherlands)?? If so where from and what is the duty etc

Sykes