• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Physical / Download Copies of Games

pixlrik

I have physical copies of Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 and was considering selling them and then purchasing them online so I won't have to worry about switching game carts and can have more gaming options on the go. Does anyone know if you did switch to a downloaded version of the game do the save files for the physical copy work with the downloads so I won't lose any of my progress and they don't treat it as a separate game?

I have logged almost 200 hours in BOTW and am just a few hundred coins from unlocking the final kart customisation option and really don't fancy having to start from scratch again in both games!

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Save files will remain.
I've got the other issue myself being BOTW is on WiiU so when my Switch finally arrives do I get it again and do again what I've already done.

Tooms

Yes but go straight in to the hard version !!!!

pixlrik

Yes, a replay of BOTW in hard mode is the plan once the DLCs are out, but I still would like to use my original save file and get all 900 korok seeds and discover all of the map to get the 100% complete rating!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom