1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"photoshop the life out of someone"

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mr jones, Jul 28, 2005.

1. mr jones

mr jones
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    on another messageboard i was on someone posted a thread about "good use of photoshop"

they linked to this site http://homepage.mac.com/gapodaca/digital/digital.html

now as far as im concerned that is bad use of photoshop, hes taken all the defining features off someones body and made them into a completely unnatural looking clone. in one of the female examples hes even taken the catchlights out of her eyes which makes her look like a doll :thumbsdow

i cant stand it when people use photoshop to change someone like that,

what do people think, is it bad or good tattyshopping?

2. mattym

mattym
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    what hes done is an extreme version of what magazines do, the way hes done some of it is very good, if presented with the after images without the before images it wouldnt be som obvious as to what hes actually done, though having the before image does highlight how much hes changed...

3. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    I don't mind it. Although it does make me think that most of the American (for example to stay PC) dolls have some sort of portable retouching device and you get really scared when the batteries run out....

I never trust a good looking woman again :eek: