1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop Elements Problem.

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Garrett, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    I seem to be having trouble with Photoshop Elements moving part of a picture into a new box. I use to select the picture and then create a larger empty box to put it in then using the Rectangular marquee tool drag a box round the picture left click on the picture to be move and drop it into the new box. But for some reason this does not work now and I have even reinstalled it. And still no luck all I get in the new box it the dotted outline.

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong?

2. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Garrett. :)

Have you tried "Ctrl+C" to copy the selected area, then "Ctrl+V" to paste it on the new layer?

Also, make sure the layer containing the part of the image you want to copy is selected (when working with multiple layers).

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Thanks ddlooping :smashin:

I can copy now, not quite as easy as before but it works, but the pasted pic changes to B & W, do you know where I'm going wrong now?

4. ddlooping

ddlooping

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    "Thanks ddlooping :smashin:"

You're welcome. ;)

"...but the pasted pic changes to B & W..."

I'm affraid I have no idea what could be causing that (I'm not a Photoshop Elements user).
    Even if you were pasting to a GIF image with a limited color-palette you should still have some colors. :confused:

I can only suggest you check both images and see if they are the same format.