Photoshop Elements Problem.

Garrett

Reaction score
I seem to be having trouble with Photoshop Elements moving part of a picture into a new box. I use to select the picture and then create a larger empty box to put it in then using the Rectangular marquee tool drag a box round the picture left click on the picture to be move and drop it into the new box. But for some reason this does not work now and I have even reinstalled it. And still no luck all I get in the new box it the dotted outline.

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong?

Hi Garrett. :)

Have you tried "Ctrl+C" to copy the selected area, then "Ctrl+V" to paste it on the new layer?

Also, make sure the layer containing the part of the image you want to copy is selected (when working with multiple layers).

Thanks ddlooping :smashin:

I can copy now, not quite as easy as before but it works, but the pasted pic changes to B & W, do you know where I'm going wrong now?

"Thanks ddlooping :smashin:"

You're welcome. ;)

"...but the pasted pic changes to B & W..."

I'm affraid I have no idea what could be causing that (I'm not a Photoshop Elements user).
Even if you were pasting to a GIF image with a limited color-palette you should still have some colors. :confused:

I can only suggest you check both images and see if they are the same format.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom