photoshop brush shape

L

leadshot

hi can anyone help please?i have forgotten how to change the shape of the brush tip/head from round to eliptical,can anyone assist please? :lease:
leadshot

If you open your brushes pallette (Window menu-Brushes) there's a diagram showing the current shape with 'handles that you can pull and push to alter the shape.
Or you can load pre-defined brushes by clicking on the small triangle at the top of the pallette.

nope still cant find it,yes thats the one i'm after,found all the pr-setsi have a photograph open i go to brushes,it gives me me master diameter,then what?
thanks very much for your answer and time.
leadshot

thanks for the f5 tip very good.i still cant get to alter the shape,you know round to eliptical.just cant find it.i need to erase an awkward piece on a photo and a round brush just dos'nt do it.
leadshot :oops:

click on attached thumbnail, (don't why I didn't think of doing that earlier :rolleyes: )

Attachments

• brush-palette.jpg
    brush-palette.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 125
must thank you again for all your time,still cant find it i am using cs 2,i used to have it in photoshop 7.how did you do that thumb nail?neat i could send copy of my screen.
regards leadshot :lease:

Press ctrl print+screen, then new document it photoshop, choose 'Clipboard' for size, press ctrl+v, save for web.
In the forum don't use 'quick reply' use the 'post reply' button and then go down to manage attachments and upload your screenshot.

You are using photoshop and not photoshop elements arent you?

you need to select your brush tool before bringing up the brush palette... then click on 'brush tip shape' (as highlighted in sorbiegunners above image) .

nope still cant get it,i dont think its there in photoshop cs2? i have tried all your instructions but still cant find the pull handles to change the brush from round to eliptical,i have found calagraphic brushes these are very close.
leadshot

Try this and then go back to my earlier screenshot

Attachments

• brush-palette1.jpg
    brush-palette1.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 61
  • brush-palette2.jpg
    brush-palette2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 43
:thumbsup: go it,still couldn't follow,then i clicked on brush presets and bingo,now i bet you are all wondering this guys thick?no i have 3 strokes and find following(your simple instructions incredibly difficult)i would like to thank all of you for helping,thats what makes the net and forums great you can nearly always find someone who is willing to help.once again many thanks to you all.
leadshot :clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom