Photos: Viewing - Storing - Archiving

snaithg

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a massive collection of family photographs which have been amassed over approximately 50 years.

Most of these photos (approximately 20,000) have been digitally scanned from negatives over a number of years. The remainder, approximately 15,000 have originated from digital camera's of one sort or another.

What I now want to do is efficiently collate all the images into a storage system in such a way that they can be easily retrieved for viewing, sorting and filtering etc. At the same time I want to create an archive of all the media for "Disaster Recovery".

The digitally originated photos will have varying amounts of metadata within the photos, but the scanned images currently have virtually no metadata attached. I have however added a simple text file, for every reel of film, which provides some basic information about the real of film. Dates, Locations, Occasions, Events etc.

Does anyone know whether there is any software that will assist me with my monumental task of structuring the data for easy viewing/locating ?

Alternatively can anyone point me at a documented methodology for manually structuring my media images ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Graham.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom